What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 4/8/15 1:55 am

Thank you!

Dodgergirl27
on 4/8/15 1:20 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Congrats on the new job!  Sorry about last nights game, that was a tough loss :(

mamata2
on 4/8/15 1:56 am

Thank you on both accounts!  Go Badgers forever!

Bubbles314
on 4/8/15 4:18 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hope your new job is a good one.  Congrat's

Dcgirl
on 4/7/15 11:20 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Kristen and everyone,

I also like Macy's although the last few times I have been in there it's been insanely unorganized.  This past weekend I was at Target and they had LOTS of cute stuff, and their brand of clothes (Merona) is buy one get one half off.  So of course I bought like six items and I feel like I need to go back.  I may go to Cancun for a quick Memorial Day trip and I have no bathing suit and no summer clothes, since clearly I wasn't this size last summer.  Perhaps I should swing by Macy's this weekend as well.

I am 2.5 weeks post-op from my LBL and BL.  I am honestly at 90%+ energy level - I was at our office yesterday for 9 hours and met friends afterward and got home at 10 and felt absolutely great.  Funny story - I emailed my surgeon with a couple of questions and I said, "I assume I am cleared to have sex?".  He responded, "Not to get too graphic, but the bumping and friction can cause a seroma or other complications.  Please wait four weeks.  Consider using a body part I did not operate on".  I giggle every single time I think about that last line!!!  Ha ha

I bought a bunch of delicious cut-up fruit at a local market since I have been craving fruit.  My menu is sort of random today and way too few calories so I will adjust as needed.

B: Coffee with low fat half and half, light and fit yogurt with high protein granola

L: Spicy jalapeño chicken sausage, sweet peppers, havarti cheese

S: Papaya, raspberries, strawberries

D: Trader Joe's "Just the Sauce" bolognese (I have heard this is delicious)

S:?

I am going for a long walk with a friend tonight.  I am trying to plan more activities and less happy hours/dinners with friends.  I am having moderate success.

Thanks for the shopping tips!  I am not such a dress wearer but perhaps now I should give it a try.  I feel like I still have fat around my knees (an LBL doesn't make any difference below the knees though my thighs look great).  I am going to have to bring a friend shopping to provide a critical eye.  I don't always see myself as I am, I am learning...

Have a great day!

Emiepie
on 4/8/15 12:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I totally just spit out coffee laughing at the comment from your surgeon!  and love my fruit too!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 6:27 am

You should so buy dresses. They make life easier. You only have to pick out one thing to wear and not two. I love dresses. I think I have bought like six since Feb. at TJMaxx. I found one today made from Free People. It is something my daughter is going to say you are wearing something I would wear. I don't care. It is not too short or indecent. 

I had a great Easter weekend. I had both kids home and it was so nice to have them in the house. I did take my daughter back to school on Monday which is a 4 hour drive. I had my friend come meet me at the hotel that is near my daughters school. Of course my daughter had to get back to school to see her boyfriend. But that was okay with me. My friend and I have been friends since we were four. That is 43 years. 

We had so much fun. I love to be silly and we were. I am sure people were looking at us like we were crazy. The next day I dropped my friend off at her house which was an hour away from the other direction where I had to go. I didn't mind till I got back on the highway and my GPS said 2 and a half hours. Then I looked it sad 4 and a half hours. I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours. Of course I drank at least 60oz of coffee and water. Luckily I had a protein bar in my car. It was a great time though.

B:Ham with pineapple bits and cottage cheese

S:Cheese stick

L:Tuna in olive oil with a bit of mayo and sugar-free pickles

D:Chicken parm without the breading

S:Turkey with a piece of cheese.

Vitamins are in water is going down. Exercise running around doing errands. One thing is so nice is to be able to keep up walking with people. 

Dcgirl
on 4/8/15 11:27 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

How awesome to spend time with your kids and long time friend this weekend! I was inspired and after a 6 mile walk this evening, I (gasp!) stopped at H&M and bought two dresses! They are casual bathing suit cover up type dresses but baby steps, right?

Now I need to incorporate tuna and pickles into this week's diet! Yum!

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 9:55 pm

6 mile walk really? Wow .

I love to have tuna in the house so I know that I always have a safe food that is easy to make. I bought sugar-free pickles. They are so good. 

NYMom222
on 4/8/15 11:13 am
RNY on 07/23/14

That is really funny what your surgeon said. Thanks for sharing. I will remember that if I get  LBL...hahaha. My niece who is a nurse just started working for a plastic surgeon, I am hoping they have friends and family discounts. :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views