Unbearable frustration

Semaenlightened
on 4/8/15 12:51 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Thanks!! the gym is becoming my coping strategy...work off some of the anger and frustration...due to back issues I can only use the bike but I sooo look forward to my time there.  I can't wait till my incisions heal fully so I can get back in the pool.  Swimming is my ultimate de-stresser,

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/8/15 5:31 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Hormone dumping after surgery is a real *****  Emotional crying jags over nothing.  It will get better.  Right now your body is adjusting to its new normal.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Semaenlightened
on 4/8/15 12:53 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Thanks for the re assurance!!! I went to my program's support group tonight for the first time and the people were nice, but I sat there crying for a good 10 minutes...lol

Laura in Texas
on 4/8/15 8:27 am

Many of us go through the same thing. I cried a lot the first few weeks. Mostly feeling sorry for myself and feeling like a loser because I had to have weight loss surgery to get healthy. But that did not last long. I am 6.5 years out now and so thankful for my surgery for giving me the chance to get my life back.

Hang in there!! It will get better. I promise!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Semaenlightened
on 4/8/15 12:54 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Thanks so much!!! :)

selhard
on 4/8/15 8:19 pm, edited 4/8/15 9:15 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

You used the word "unbearable" so adding this.....  if emotions don't get better, you might consider seeking professional help like I did.  I believe my personal experience was more than the blues or feeling sorry for myself.  I listened to a support group member talk about his suicide attempt after WLS thinking that might be more than hormones, too.

Semaenlightened
on 4/10/15 11:43 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Thanks so much.  I am feeling a bit better (but also am aware that this could be another emotional swing).  I attended my first support group on Wednesday and it was great to be face to face with people who have been here.  I sat there crying for ten minutes...but they allowed me the space to do that.  I am in therapy and did not know that she too had wls until I told here I was contemplating it so that has been really helpful, unfortunately she is retiring in two weeks....so I will need to transition to someone else.  

Julie_M
on 4/11/15 11:53 am

I have crying spells anytime I go under general anesthesia. I get them on/off for about 30 days, not everyday but some days more than once. It's the weirdest thing! I usually wake up crying in recovery. The first time it happened to me I was CRYING full out! The nurses kept asking me what was wrong and what was hurting and I was crying so much, they just keep pumping me with meds. 

Hope you feel better! 

Semaenlightened
on 4/11/15 11:33 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Thanks you!  I wonder if some of it is the residual effects of the anesthesia!? I am feeling better I think get back into the gym has helped.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 390 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics