Unbearable frustration

Semaenlightened
on 4/7/15 1:41 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

UGH....I am almost two weeks out and my emotions have been all over the place.  But primarily I have been beyond frustrated with things that would normally just get me a little upset.  Like the kind of frustration where you want to scream but you want to cry at the same time.  I have cried too.  I have had 2 major crying spells, like sobbing, chest heaving cries...and I am not a crier.  I hope this passes and that the emotional stuff regulates.  I also got my period so dealing with still some surgery pain/uncomfortableness and cramps is total BS just saying.  Anyone else have emotional times soon after surgery?

mornings
on 4/7/15 1:50 pm - Canada

things will get better im sure your body has gone thru a lot of changes so far give yourself some time 

Semaenlightened
on 4/7/15 9:10 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Yes being patient is important and compassionate toward myself!

Missmandy24
on 4/7/15 2:12 pm

My doctor warned that this could happen. The hormones released with sudden fast weightloss can result in crazy emotional ups and downs. It also can result in heavier and more crampier periods!! :( not looking forward to either of those things. Hope it looks up soon for you!

Semaenlightened
on 4/7/15 9:13 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

It is worth it...I just did not expect it to be this much.  The things I am getting frustrated with are worthy of frustration and the reasons I have cried have been worthy of a cry as well.  I am trying to figure out if it is the hormones or whether it is this powerful new outlook that I am putting myself first and that I matter.  Something I rarely did before.  

WereYorkie
on 4/7/15 6:18 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

Well, consider this, also... You (like everyone else here) has used food as their emotional crutch. We get upset, we eat. We're happy, we eat. We get angry, we REALLY eat. And now you don't have that tool anymore. So now all your emotions are up close and personal when you are physically at your weakest (just having surgery). I say have your crying jags and don't feel bad about it or upset. Things will calm down a bit. Just give it some time...

....and consider taking up kick boxing! Better than crying... :D

Semaenlightened
on 4/7/15 9:14 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Thanks...good perspective!

trsinhawaii
on 4/7/15 6:35 pm

I had RNY March 4th.  I had to respond to this because...I cried.  Like a big ole baby.  But, I do have to say, I am almost six weeks out, now, and it is getting better.  I am happier now.  I do get teary-eyed at times, but for the most part the crying has not been as bad.  I think for me it was more like...oh, lord, what have I done to myself?  And yes, I missed being able to eat.  Just saying, it does get better.  Hang in there!

Semaenlightened
on 4/7/15 9:16 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

I am hanging in there and I am hopeful things will regulate!  Continued good luck to you!

!!

LC727
on 4/7/15 10:15 pm

sounds like we are close to surgery date, mine was 3/23. I too have had my trials, I also did the crying spells. On day three of crying I called my PCP and they changed my antidepressant to twice a day due to absorption and it has helped like crazy good. I have had so many trials since home, I have every reason to be down but this med change is helping big time. I have complications going on and they will hang on til my one month visit at least, so put the chin up talk to your docs and remember we fight fight fight for our journey we chose and this is the current part of the battle now that we passed the preop battles

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 380 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics