3 wks out & still in pain, anyone else have this?

mute
on 4/12/15 6:37 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I'm really starting to worry about this. My surgeon told me this was  semi - normal and that it should be better by 3 weeks. Tomorrow is 3 weeks. In general I feel better, stronger and everything but the pain in one specific spot is no better at all. I've had pain in my lower left side, right above my bikini line since the surgery. It feels muscular - it hurts when I get up and sit down, whenever I use my abdominal muscles mainly which is a lot. I'm still wearing my binder all the time. I'm calling the Dr. tomorrow on the 3 week mark.

The only thing I can think of is that I had other surgeries and he had mentioned scar tissue. I'm going to ask tomorrow if he thinks that has anything to do with this. With my prior surgery, which was an abdominal surgery, the recovery time was 6 weeks. 

Did anyone have a longer recovery time like this? I'm feeling like a complete freak for still being in pain and not being able to do anything still. And does my scar tissue theory make any sense to anyone else? The eating part is going fine and I seem to be digesting things ok and haven;t had any issues there so far.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Maria27
on 4/12/15 7:20 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I also have one spot that still causes me pain, but it is on my right side. My surgeon ordered an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. Everything else has been going fine for me, so I don't know what the problem could be either. I have not had previous abdominal surgeries.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

nicupnorth
on 4/12/15 8:26 am - Eagle river, WI

I had muscular abdominal pain for several weeks (mostly from sitting and standing or bending over). It wasn't until I went back to work where I sit for 10 hours and away from the 2 year old at home that makes me get up and down a lot! You have to let yourself heal, you had major abdominal surgery and sometimes it just takes a little longer to heal.

PS it took almost 3 months before I could sleep on my side which just about killed me!😴

CGCL
on 4/12/15 8:58 am
RNY on 02/19/15

I'm over seven weeks out and still tender at the lower left incision and between there and the belly button. They do go through muscle and really haul you around on the table sometimes. I'm still tending to wear loose dresses when I can because pants' waistbands rub right there. I hope you get some relief soon :) 

Height: 6'0" HW 5/2013 295. Consult 7/29/14 275. SW 261. RNY 2/19/15. M1:-33! M2:-13.5. M3:-12. M4:-10.8. M5:-9.7. M6:-5. M7: -4.5. Pregnant 8/15-5/16. 10 weeks post partum: 173.

mute
on 4/12/15 9:17 am
RNY on 03/23/15

When I talk to him tomorrow I was considering asking for an ultrasound or something myself. Just to put my mind at ease. But I'm reverting back to not doing anything at all because I'm so sick of being in pain. I'm working 8 hour days and I just sit at a computer but that hurts my side too unless I'm sitting in the recliner. On the weekends I try to take walks but afterwards I can't manage to do much because I'm in too much pain. 

Melinda

Maria27
on 4/12/15 9:31 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Pain on the right side is generally much more concerning, so that is why I am having the ultrasound. Being that your pain is on the left, your surgeon may not be as concerned. I know when I am at home all day, it doesn't really bother me. It's when I am sitting hunched over and putting more stress on my abdominal muscles throughout the day that the pain gets really bad.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Doingrightin2015
on 4/12/15 10:17 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I had the same type of pain that last about 2 days. My doctor said on that side it is where they go in with the camera and it is also where the surgery itself is done. He said pain like that is normal if it comes and goes. If it comes and stays it is more to be alarmed about.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

mute
on 4/15/15 4:46 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Called my surgeon on Monday because that was the 3 week mark - and that was when he said to let him know if it was still painful. He wants to see me and couldn't get me in until tomorrow. Monday was awful, I ate something that made me sick for the first time and because the pain is so bad that was horrible. I was having a pity party for myself because it was my birthday. Throwing up when your abdominal muscles hurt sucks. 

Anyways, I'm glad he's having me come in. I like my surgeon a lot, I just don't know what it could possibly be since it's not really anywhere near where any organs or anything is so I feel like I'm going to get a go home and just wait and see. Which is what I've been doing. UGH!

Melinda

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 389 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views