What's on your Friday Menu, RNYers? (PHOTO FRIDAY)

Emiepie
on 4/10/15 12:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Friday! Hope you all have a nice weekend. I still can't figure out how to attach a photo to a post...sorry

Time since surgery:  8 months tomorrow

B: Skinny latte with soy, egg beaters, spinach, broccoli and cheese scramble, some blueberries and a clementine

L: Grilled chicken from Dickey's (anyone else have one of these BBQ places??!! YUMMY)

S: L&F salted caramel yogurt with chia seeds 

D: Grilled chicken breast atop a small spinach salad, gluten free double chocolate chip cookie

S: Pistachio admond thin addictives with a laughing cow light swiss wedge

E: 1/2 hour of stationary stepper

Totals: Cals: 820 Protein: 85 Carbs: 61 Fat: 26

Good day all!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 4/10/15 12:32 am, edited 4/10/15 12:32 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You look awesome in a wetsuit!  That's so amazing!  I have never been in a wetsuit but I suppose it's something I could do now.

I literally JUST had an experience that I would have never done pre-RNY.  I had to book a flight to Miami for a conference in 2.5 weeks.  I went through our crappy corporate travel website, picked my flights, and it said I can't choose seats.  Before RNY this would have made me go back, find new flights, maybe a different airline...because I had to make sure to have an aisle seat.  Now, I don't really care.  I have sat middle seats from DC to San Francisco and had more than enough room.  What a difference!

I posted pics yesterday but this one blows my mind.  On the left, at a wedding in October 2013 in a tight size 26 dress at maybe 350 lbs (two months before surgery).  On the right, Tuesday of this week in a small top from Express and size 8 pants from White House Black Market at 150 lbs.

Time Since Surgery: Almost 16 months

B: Light and Fit greek yogurt with high protein granola, two coffees with half and half

L: Curried chicken salad, sweet bell peppers, port salut cheese (I love this type of "platter" for a meal - and it gives me protein, fat, and CRUNCH)

D: Going out with a friend who is in town to a Mexican place - I will get the shrimp tacos and not eat the tortillas, but I know I will have some chips and salsa

My totals are only 1,000 calories so I am sure there is a snack or two in there.  Enjoy your weekends, all!  

mamata2
on 4/10/15 12:38 am

You look great!  What a difference!!  Airplane seat used to make me so scared.  I never wanted to have to touch the person next to me but it always happened.  Now I am totally not overflowing!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/15 1:35 am

Em you look amazing. I love seeing your pictures. 

iloveravens
on 4/10/15 4:28 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Dcgirl, Beautiful!  Great job!!  xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Dcgirl
on 4/10/15 5:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thank you!  You look phenomenal as well - amazing how much younger we can look when our faces aren't bloated up!  You look awesome!

Dodgergirl27
on 4/10/15 1:12 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning & Happy Friday!

There are so many things I do now that I never would have done pre-op.  Like Karen, I just wanted to blend and not be noticed.  Now, I don't go out of my way to be noticed, but I don't think about the life the same way either (if that makes sense).  Pre-op I actively wanted to blend, now I just want to feel good and I don't really care what other people think or notice.  I bought a couple pairs of shorts for the summer last week and I haven't worn shorts in prob 8 years at least, so that was a big deal.  Now I just have to get a little color on my legs and I can wear them :)

Time since surgery: 14.5 months

B - Eli Quark (it's actually a creamy cheese).  The #'s were good: 80 cals; 11 carbs; 14 protein  but to be honest I wasn't crazy about the flavor.  I didn't doctor it at all, so maybe with my usual flax/chia seed mix I would've liked the taste a little better.  I bought 2, so I'll try again tomorrow

S - Krave Jerky

L - I didn't have time to pack it, so I'm thinking a Jimmy John's Unwich for lunch

D - The other half of the unwich (I'm getting my hair colored then going out with a friend after)

W/V - On track

E - hour long walk at lunch

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

mamata2
on 4/10/15 1:27 am

I broke down and ordered the Krave sampler pack from Amazon.  It gets here tomorrow and I'm hoping it lasts more than the weekend ;)

Totally understand about the blending.  Its amazing how much I didn't want people to notice me.

Dodgergirl27
on 4/10/15 1:30 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Lol, when my sampler pack came it took everything in me not to rip ALL of them open and try them :)  Still, I'm slowly working my way through each flavor..... (well maybe not so slowly).

Emiepie
on 4/10/15 2:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I keep seeing this "krave" jerky and I am so curious about it. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics