Getting myself as healthy as possible for surgery!

The Salty Hag
on 4/8/15 1:32 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I remember the thread on which you posted that caused the initial ruckus. Whatever went on privately should remain so. If you have a problem with someone, you should take it up with them instead of calling someone names publicly. You did not need to resort to name calling when asked why you previously left the site. A simple statement stating you had private words with an individual was all that was neccessary. 

I stand by my statement of calling her vile being wrong. She is not here at this time to defend herself, and by blocking her, she will not have a chance to do so. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 1:52 am
RNY on 05/04/15
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 2:07 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I deleted all references to the ruckus from this post. I'm sorry if I offended you.

The Salty Hag
on 4/8/15 8:11 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm not offended in the least. It takes a WHOLE lot more than that to offend me.( I wasn't even offended when my hubby's ex-wife called me a "Spic Walrus *****", so...you calling someone  else vile doesn't even make me bat an eyelash. Even if you'd called me vile...I'd not have been offended. ) That being said, I do wish you had not deleted your posts. You need to learn to stand by your statements-even when you are in the wrong. You apologize if need be, but you don't just delete things you've posted. It makes threads confusing and honestly makes the person deleting posts seem like they are trying to hide things. It would have been better to just let the statements stand, no matter who got on your case about it. The mods might have deleted them, but that's another matter entirely. ( I generally dislike any sort of butchery done on threads, whether it be done by the posters themselves or the mods, but if it violates TOS...away it goes. ) 

I had no clue you were IMed by anyone and THAT was who you were calling names. You hadn't clarified that point when I first replied to you. I thought you were referring to someone who had posted on that original thread. So...I do apologize to you for not fully understanding what situation you were referring to, but I still think it was wrong of you to insult someone on this thread like you did and then want to block them. And now of course that you've deleted the posts, so nothing even makes sense anymore anyway. So why am I even bothering to reply? 

Good luck with your surgery, and congrats on the awesome pre-surgery weight loss. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

ladygodiva1228
on 4/7/15 11:24 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

It is great that you are getting healthy as possible for surgery, but just a small warning. 

Some insurance companies want to know what you weigh the day of surgery.  If you lose to much and fall below the required bmi they will not pay for the surgery.  Even though you were already approved for it.  I have seen it happen. 

I would hate for you to have the surgery and then get hit with a $40,000 bill because you disqualified yourself by losing to much weight.

Just something to think about.

Good Luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 12:06 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Thanks, I've definitely been worried about that and spent a lot of time on the phone with my insurance and clinic to figure it out -- my insurance is indeed one that won't pay for surgery if your weight in a hospital gown immediately before surgery falls below the BMI threshold. Since I have diabetes and hypertension, I'm "allowed" to get to 35, so I should be ok unless I somehow lose more than 20 lbs in the next 4 weeks. But that's a big part of why I'm so frustrated that they lost my paperwork...I don't want my surgery to wind up getting delayed, because I'm going to be pushing it pretty close to begin with!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 390 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics