Losing slow-ish, what were you eating early on?

SkinnyScientist
on 4/14/15 5:49 am

Hell...1.4 years out...if the food tastes to good, or the company is too much fun, I STILL dont know when I am full. 

MEASURING IS KEY

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 4/13/15 5:50 am

NO potatoes, crackers or bread. I avoided those because I have PCOS..but I think the low carb diet really helped.

Please considered hardboiled or deviled eggs instead (made with FF mayo and pickle relish).

SkinnyScientist
on 4/13/15 5:52 am

Also..is your yogurt plain or light?  Most flavored "normal" yogurt has sugar in the form of lactose AND glucose (i.e. table sugar/normal sugar) in it for flavoring. If you can handle a light one flavored with splenda, asparatame, erythritol, or mannitol...go with one of those... 

The artificial sweetners did not cause a problem for me..but they do for others.

mute
on 4/13/15 6:26 am
RNY on 03/23/15

The yogurt I'm eating is the triple zero Dannon = 0 added sugar, 0 fat, 0 artificial sweetener kind greek yogurt kind.

I'm eating hard boiled eggs, that's the only kind of eggs I'm eating right now and I'm not eating the yolks because I don't like them.  No bread at all either. I am eating a few crackers when I eat tuna because I am not a fan of tuna and the crackers are on my list that are ok from my NUT. But I can see if I can stomach it without the crackers for sure.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Molly7689
on 4/13/15 8:09 am

If you have a Pinterest search things like "bariatric recipes" and "high protein low carb recipes" and they have recipes for pretty much any craving you could ever have that fit into a rny diet. 

If you are craving crunch you can also make cheese "crackers". If you bake Parmesan cheese for a couple minutes In the oven (on wax paper) then let them cool a bit they are crunchy and have protein. 

Molly7689
on 4/13/15 8:52 am

Whoops parchment paper not wax. 

NYMom222
on 4/13/15 12:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I had similar stats to you too. Went to surgeon at 383, had surgery at 358ish.... The first month I didn't lose well, and thought..What's up? Everyone loses different. It picked up after the first month. I am not quite 9 months out and have gone from a 3x/size 28 to a L/size 16. You will do it! 

My surgeon's mantra is "Protein first, then veggies and if you have room fruits and carbs.(meaning starchy ones)" In the beginning that means protein and an occasional veggie when you get to that. I only count protein and fluids... but yes as others have said - measure! Do you drink a protein shake/drink? I drink one a day everyday. I always make sure it is 16oz and 30g protein. (helps get my fluids in too.)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Jonay
on 4/13/15 1:46 pm - Grand Junction, CO
RNY on 03/31/15

I agree about the potatoes, BUT I used them occasionally as I was having a very hard time getting protein in and I added a ton of protein powder to them. In the long run, there are better alternatives.

I like Yoplait Greek Yogurt, the strawberry cheesecake and I add about half of a scoop of vanilla protein powder to it to give it a nice boost. For the unflavored, I use Isopure and the vanilla I use a high protein powder from Ensure.

Kathyjs
on 4/14/15 5:30 am

At three weeks I was eating baby food, poached egg, skim milk. I measured what I ate. You are still healing MHO you need to give your pouch time to heal before ground meat. It upsets me to see your Nut. Didn't give you a meal guide. I had to see a nut for 6 months pre op. Wishing you the best 

mute
on 4/14/15 6:14 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I didn't have to see a NUT for 6 months and when I went to mine the office was crazy, I had to see a sub who wasn't the actual NUT for some reason. I did get some meal guides but not many and on my meal guide is ground meat this early. I got taken off the liquids after a week and moved to soft foods and then told I could move from there as I wanted which is what is driving me crazy - I need supervision lol! So mainly what I'm eating - including the potatoes and ground meat - is what is on the few meal guides I got. Which is why I asked this question here because I wanted to figure out what else I could eat and what I was eating wrong. But I feel better knowing I have a little more of a guide now.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views