Thought I could do this on my own

brenda_m
on 4/9/15 6:35 am - Renick, WV

Thanks so much. Your words are comforting. I kinda look at it as an addiction to food. Much like drugs or alcohol. Right now Im trying to eat healthy. Cut out all the sugar, carbs, and processed food.

Joemac9408
on 4/9/15 3:40 am - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 02/04/15 with

Definitely sounds familiar to me.  I went from 315 down to 175 a few years ago and thought I had done it and could start eating again.  Well I ate my way back up to 290 when I started my pre-op diet on Jan. 2nd.  I'm very happy I decided to get this surgery and hope to get to my goal weight and stay there.  Congrats on making the decision to get surgery you won't regret it.

Surgery date: 2/4/15

Highest weight: 315. Pre-op diet weight: 289.  Surgery weight: 260.  Current weight: 138  Goal weight: 160 

brenda_m
on 4/9/15 6:36 am - Renick, WV

Thank you!! My ticker says I lost 82lbs. I cant figure out how to change it, lol.

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/15 3:52 am

Trust me you are not the only one who has done this. Best wishes to you. It was the best decision I have ever made. The people here want to help. 

brenda_m
on 4/9/15 6:43 am - Renick, WV

Thank you!!

Ladytazz
on 4/9/15 4:11 am

Maybe regaining the weight was something you needed to do to finally accept that this is not something you can manage on your own.

I have been very successful in losing weight in the past.  No lie, I wouldn't be surprised if I have lost over 1,000 lbs over the years.  But unfortunately I have regained at least 1,125 back.  What I never good do, until now, is keep it off for any length of time.

This is the longest I have ever been a normal size, ever.  I reached a normal BMI over 4 years ago and have been there since.  My weight has been stable.  I cannot say this enough because for me this is what success is.

I had WLS before and lost a lot of weight.  And regained most of it back. I knew what I needed to do to lose weight.  I even knew what I needed to do to keep it off.  I just couldn't do it, at least not for any length of time.  Now I can because I have help.  I don't get as hungry as I used to and I can't eat as much as I used to.  The surgery doesn't choose the food I eat but there are some consequences that I would rather not experience if I do eat some foods so that also helps.

Good luck to you.  It sounds like now you might be ready.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

brenda_m
on 4/9/15 7:31 am - Renick, WV

Thank you so much!!! Im glad Im not the only one who has gone through this. Im very thankful for those who stand behind me. Also thankful for those on this site who totally understand. Thanks again.

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/15 11:37 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I can sympathize with this so much, as I imagine many on this site can. Yo-yo dieting is often the MO of the MO. Twice in my life I've lost 80 lbs, only to regain 100 each time. Now that I've almost reached that again, coworkers are asking why I'm still going through with surgery, but reading other's stories on this site and seeing how many people were in the same boat helped me firmly make up my mind. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

brenda_m
on 4/11/15 5:19 am - Renick, WV

Thank you!! This site is so inspirational. The people are great and most know exactly what we're going thru. I like your ID, I have 5 fur kids, lol

Semaenlightened
on 4/9/15 12:21 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Congrats to you!! You got this!! I am 2 weeks out and am not regretting it at all.  I was an up and down person to...would lose 70 gain 80.  This is a life time choice and I am excited for the journey!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 392 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics