Should I schedule lab work?

Sweetish
on 4/2/15 2:41 pm
RNY on 12/12/14

I had RNY December 12, 2014.  For the last three weeks I have been feeling tired a lot.  I was wondering if my body is lacking something.  I take all of my required supplements, but I am wondering if I should have lab work done so soon?

I was told I don't need to have lab work done until I am one year out.  Any suggestions?

DannyBoyDVG
on 4/2/15 5:07 pm - AR

After having my RNY done my doctor had me in once a month for the first 6 months then once every three months for the next six. It wouldn't hurt anything at all to go ahead and go get checked out. It could possibly be a lack of iron. I know in some cases even when taking the proper amount of an iron supplement after RNY your body still won't absorb it very well. If that's the case a simple iron infusion shot every so often will clear you right up.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/2/15 11:16 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I had labs done at 3 months, six months and at one year.  

I don't think that it's unreasonable to have labs done now.  It's better to get ahead of problems rather than waiting for them to proceed.  If your insurance covers it, or you can self-pay, then why not.  You can use your primary care physician however -- and then report to your surgeon's office if a problem is uncovered.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 377 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 376 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 215 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views