What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/1/15 9:53 pm, edited 4/1/15 10:31 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey-o!  So, it's supposed to get up into the 60s today, but I almost busted my ass on the way out the door this morning because my front porch was covered in ice.  LOL  Either way, I have officially retired my winter coat for the season.  I don't care if it's a blizzard outside, I'm not putting it back on.  

Lemme ask you guys something.  Can you suddenly, like overnight, develop lactose intolerance to just milk?  I love milk and have had it many times without incident since surgery.  Until last night.  I had a small-ish glass of milk at like midnight and 30 minutes later I was in the bathroom, not sure what end to put on the toilet.  LOL  I have some kind of dairy every day and I put milk in my coffee every morning, but this was certainly a reaction to the straight glass.  I'll be so sad if I can never have Ovaltine again. 

B:  coffee (with milk, haha) and a Friendship Fit to Go 4%

S:  celery sticks with herb and garlic Laughing Cow wedges

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rind "crackers"

D:  black bean burger with an egg, some shredded cheddar and salsa.

TOTALS:  cals:  853  protein:  85  carbs:  34  fat:  44

NEXT!

Berryhoosier
on 4/1/15 10:28 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Today is going to be one of THOSE days!  I woke up late and tried to grab an eggwhite delight at McDonald's.  The line was so long I gave up.  I went next door to Taco Bell (kill me now) and got a breakfast burrito.  I tried to eat as little of the tortilla as possible and concentrate on the egg and cheese in the middle.  Not very tasty, but it took care of hunger.  We have a field trip with sack lunch provided.  I have no idea what will be inside.  I have a pemier fiber and protein bar in my purse just in case.  The good news is I work with my trainer again this afternoon.  NO excuses!

B: 2/3 breakfast burrito

L: ? 

S: Ka****rail mix bar

D: vegetable beef soup and small piece cornbread

S: leftover mahi mahi and veg if needed.

EX:  strength training

Water and vits: started

Daisydoo02
on 4/2/15 1:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I hate days like those!!!  It just puts you off for the rest of the day when you get a bad start to your day!  I love McDs egg mcmuffins, so much that I can't go there.  I would try to eat five!! LOL LOL  Good luck with your trainer today, good for you, that's dedication!  

daisy

mamata2
on 4/1/15 10:53 pm

Good morning!  It is supposed to be almost 70 here but the skies are ominous here in WI.  AV, I cannot drink milk straight since surgery.  It gives me the worst cramping and gas, however, I have a latte at least once a day made mainly with milk and I'm fine.  You may have had a bug or maybe you just can't take it straight.  I hope things get better.  Speaking of food making you sick... does anyone eat the Costco Coleman brand mild Italian chicken sausage?  I loved my first pack of them but my second package has made me queasy every one I have had.  I'm wondering if they changed their formula... 

Today is my 9 month surgervisary!  If surgery was conception I'd have another child right now (thank god it is not!)  My scale gave me the most wonderful present!  I am officially down 100 lbs today.  It makes me so happy to think how far I've come.  We have a Gala in a few weeks and I am chomping at the bit to get all fancied up.  Most of the people haven't seen me in a year so this will be a blast.

Time since surgery: 9 MONTHS TODAY!!

B: SF Latte and Oats with dried cherries

S: Coffee and 1/2 Quest bar

L: Leftover steak, string cheese and Beanitos

S: Kay's Naturals Jalapeno Honey Mustard Pretzels

D: Looking for ideas :)

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

S: Tootsie Pop

W/V: Ran out of vitamins yesterday and new one get here Saturday :(

E: 2700m swim (longest to date)

Totals (without dinner): Calories 774, Protein 75, Carb 81, Fat 22

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 4/1/15 10:57 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy surgi-versary and happy 100 lbs down!  What a great day!

mamata2
on 4/2/15 3:17 am

Thank you!

Dcgirl
on 4/1/15 11:36 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awesome!!!  Not only are you 100 lbs down, but you're only 9 lbs to goal!  You have done awesome :)  It's so fun (but overwhelming) to have all of the comments and attention!

mamata2
on 4/2/15 3:18 am

Thank you!  9 lbs seems like it is going to take FOREVER!!

Emiepie
on 4/2/15 12:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy 9 months!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 4/2/15 3:18 am

Thank you!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 392 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views