Soft food options??

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 5:48 am

Hi all,

Looking for some ideas for Stage 3/Soft Food diet. It seems pretty basic but is tough when you don't like tuna, cottage cheese, and only kinda-sorta like any fish.  What are/did you guys eat during this stage that was succesful?  I'm not coming close to my 60g of protein!  Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards, JD

Grandmaneice
on 3/30/15 6:00 am
RNY on 03/24/14

How about eggs, canned chicken, or even chicken breast diced up real well, Greek yogurt.

Peppermint73
on 3/30/15 6:51 am - Canada

Maybe try going on Pinterest. I have found tons of soft diet high protien options there. I live on Pinterest for that reason. Its excellent!

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 11:24 am

Great idea, thanks! I ❤️ Pinterest

Mary Gee
on 3/30/15 7:16 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Check out Eggface's site for ideas for pureed food.  She also has loads of shake recipes that are very good.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 11:24 am

Bookmarked! Tysm!

ShebasMom
on 3/30/15 7:31 am
Revision on 07/05/16

chicken salad, soft scrambled eggs, chilli (Wendy's is good).  Kroger has a lowfat greek yogurt that is good. I love the vanilla and strawberry. I add a packet of stevia to tame down the tartness.

Are you allowed any protein drinks?  I add my Syntrax nectar chocolate powder to my morning coffee, yum. (make sure temp is

Jay D.
on 3/30/15 11:27 am

I never thought of chili--don't we need to avoid ground beef? And I've been eating tons of eggs and yogurt too. Well not tons, because I can't but you know what I mean😂 I am allowed protein shakes but my surgeon wants me to try to derive my nutrition through food as much as possible. 

MickeyDee
on 3/30/15 2:46 pm

Wendy's chili with cheese & onions;  shrimp ****tail w/sauce; make a tuna salad with onions, celery, bread & butter pickles, mayo, eat with a fork and chewchewchew.

If you try something and it doesn't sit right, give it a week and go back and try it again.  You might be pleasantly surprised.

It's all so individual, but you'll find what you can and cannot do.  Your picky pouch will tell you!

Jay D.
on 3/31/15 5:50 am

When you ate something that came right back up you tried again a week later and had different results? That's great news! So far, I'm tolerating most stuff really well.  I had some Wendy's chili today for lunch. Felt kinda guilty until I plugged it into MFP & it said 120 cal!  Thanks for the info!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics