diagnosed with breast cancer this past monday

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/4/15 4:14 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Yes I am 10 minutes South of Brussels, near Waterloo.  Very happy to be here for the past 13 years with no plans to return stateside.  

Really hope you get the right treatment and can kick cancer to the curb!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/15 1:01 am - Canada

Good morning lekoleko. First of all I want to say I'm sorry to hear your diagnosis. Remember, that is all it is. A diagnosis. It represents an opportunity to fight for your health once again. I am a breast cancer survivor. It will be 11 years this year. I can't comment on having it post WLS but I can tell you that I found it after losing 72lbs. I was angry at first because I was literally at the healthiest of my life at that point. Even healthier than in high school. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. We may have to be very patient to wait and see what that reason is but it will be shown eventually. So once I had lost the weight I was very flat chested. (was never large there at any point in my life except for when I was breastfeeding my sons.) I went ahead and had implants put in. LOVED THEM! and that is when I found the lump...It started out small, next to my left nipple, then grew and got painful. Both my plastic surgeon and my doctor thought it was from the surgery and/or related to my period. It got so I couldn't exercise due to the movement causing me pain. I demanded a biopsy and it was confirmed. If I hadn't lost the weight, had surgery then I probably wouldn't have found it. I literally spent years pretending that I didn't have breasts because I was teased constantly (at school and home) about being flat chested. I also struggled after the diagnosis with the attitude that "Why did I work so hard to lose weight and be healthy if I was just going to go through cancer anyway?" And that thinking got me fat again. And here I am now...please be proactive with any questions and concerns you have. Call your oncologist or better yet, see if you can send them an email. Include all your questions and concerns. Keep a journal if you can, I wish I had. Its common to not be able to remember all the details while on chemo and radiation. Take notes that you can look back on. And above all...stay strong and know that you can message me anytime and I will be here for you. Chris

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 1:44 am

Ohhhh thank u thank u Chris. Ive been researching this having cancer postop wls and not much out there. Shouldve been on these boards from the getgo. Thank u for all the great info. The day they did my biopsy and found the calcifications  that were suspicious  i kinda knew. U kno like a sixth sense. I had a dream the night prior to recieving the docs call. I dreamt the doc told me i had breast cancer and i needed a masectomy. I am at peace and ready to fight this "bully!" I have a strong faith in the Lord because i cant do it any other way. And when i told my four kids, a big weight just lifted. Because like any mom, they are my everything. My hubby is a great support and now i have u and great support via OH. This is such a whole other world. Makes u appreciate life that much more sorry to ramble. Thanks again Have  a wonderful day.

mschwab
on 4/4/15 3:18 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I am so sorry to hear of you diagnosis. I understand what a difficult time this is for you, and that you have many questions. I am a breast cancer survivor. I was diagnosed on May of 2011 and finished active treatment in September 2012. I was pre-rny, so I can't speak to your questions of having treatment post-op. I can answer any questions you might have about the treatment in general and what you can expect from someone who has been there. 

If you would like, feel free to email me. I am at [email protected]. Stay strong. You will get through this. 

Maryann

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

sistah3
on 4/4/15 4:24 am

Cancer is an ignorant ****! My most heartfelt wishes to you as you battle and ultimately defeat this. 

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 5:45 am

Thank u sista3....u aint lying :)))

Emiepie
on 4/4/15 5:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I don't have any experience or knowledge on your questions but I at least want you to know that you can beat this and I'm sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 5:45 am

Thank u so much all the love and support on here is just what i needed!!!

karin602
on 4/4/15 6:23 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Just want to add my prayers for you. I have had some friends who went through it but none had wls so I can't add any info on that. Stay positive and fight like a girl!

Karin

lekoleko
on 4/4/15 8:08 am
Thank u Karin
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 393 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?