9 days out and a friend invited me out for dinner! LMFAO!

NYMom222
on 4/4/15 12:41 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Glad you went. I didn't want my friends to stop asking me out. Just have to adapt.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

cherg24
on 4/3/15 9:37 pm - Ontario, Canada

I started my preop opti on Wednesday.   Thursday I went to work and my boss had placed a huge Easter bunny on my desk.   Yes she knew I was in the preop diet totally.  Yet I got a bunny.   I couldn't decide whether to take it back and put it on her desk to make a point so I took it home to give one of my kids for Easter.  Seriously though!! Lol.  Not the least bit tempted by anything so I'm doing good.  Surgery is the 22nd. Good luck with your recovery and friend education 

Semaenlightened
on 4/4/15 8:46 am
RNY on 03/25/15

Ugh!!!! That is so un-thoughtful!! I can't understand some people my friend kept apologizing and I told her she did not have to...my friends seem afraid to talk to me about what they cooked or ate for dinner, that does not bother me at all!! I do have one friend (actually my best and closest friend) who I think it is going to be hard for her to acknowledge and accept my progress.  The other day we went for a walk and I put on my jacket vest and zipped it and said "hey this seems roomy!" her response was "I hate to burst your bubble, but usually you wear that with a sweatshirt" that hurt a little!  Oh well I am happy...and later that night I had to go back out and put on the sweatshirt and it felt roomy..so I texted her..."sweatshirt feels roomy and the vest still does too!" 

Bethany

Doingrightin2015
on 4/3/15 10:04 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I am 3 and 1/2 weeks out. Next week I will go to soft foods, which will make it a little easier. Last night we went to Bob Evans...my first restaurant trip since surgery. I ordered the senior roasted turkey and asked for greenbeans vs the dressing. They ended up still bring the dressing...my husband got that. I had greenbeans and mashed potatoes with gravy and sliced turkey. I didn't eat much of any of it. I had a few small bites of the turkey...chewing and chewing until it was puree. I ate a few bites of the mashed potatoes and smashed up the green beans and chewed very fine. I have lots of leftovers I brought home.

Tomorrow will be Easter and my inlaws all want to meet at Cracker Barrel for brunch. I have already decided to just do eggbeaters there!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

NYMom222
on 4/4/15 1:09 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Get real eggs... they are good for you. ... also a tip - my surgeon would only let us have soft boiled or poached eggs in the beginning... as scrambled and other types can be hard to get down/digest. Even now if I am ordering an omelet or scrambled I ask for it cooked "soft". It helps.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Doingrightin2015
on 4/4/15 1:15 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I have done scrambled basic smushed up basically to puree consistence since my second week. I have had no problem with them. I have also done egg salad blended up in my magic bullet without problems.

Doingitright2015

Semaenlightened
on 4/4/15 8:51 am
RNY on 03/25/15

Wow Good for you!!!! Sounds like a successful first trip out!  I am a little nervous about moving to solids...I am still on full liquids.  At 2 weeks post op the program I am in we can start having soft, moist, blended and ground food.  I will be starting with eggs.  I have had a serious craving for egg salad...even though it is not something I ate that much before.

Good luck at Cracker Barrel!

Doingrightin2015
on 4/4/15 8:33 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

Thank you! Egg Salad was so good my first time making when I went to pureed foods. I just hard boiled eggs, light Mayo an dill pickle relish. Blended it up. 1/4 cup was so good and satisfying. I find that the protein type of foods are really good tasting now. I have so far made 3 meals out of my Bob Evan's roasted turkey mea and have enough turkey and mashed potatoes to make a 4th. I never would have believed that in a million years...lol. I would have ate it all before including the dressing and 2 dinner rolls while at Bob's.

I will get egg beaters or maybe real eggs at Cracker barrel today.

Doingitright2015

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?