9 days out and a friend invited me out for dinner! LMFAO!

Semaenlightened
on 4/3/15 12:10 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Obviously I said .... ummmm not sure if you meant that we go out and I watch you eat....but not so sure that will work for me.  Then I was thinking what are some alternatives.  I can eat SF pospsicles and yogurt so I was wondering what about sugar free frozen yogurt...maybe orange leaf?  Just wondering if anyone has/had tried that before this early out and what their experience was.  I also said if the weather was nice we could go for a walk by the water so we shall see! 

Thanks! Bethany

annieliv
on 4/3/15 12:17 pm, edited 4/3/15 12:17 pm - Toronto, Canada

Is this a friend that knows about your surgery?  Now is the time to care for & look after yourself.  I am 3 weeks pre-op and on Optifast and I can't even imagine how I'd reply if someone asked me out to dinner now.

I'm interested in the replies you'll get as I'm sure it'll be good advice for many of us!

Best of luck to you on your journey!

HW: 345 SW: 315 GW: 180 RNY 21/Apr/15

Semaenlightened
on 4/3/15 12:30 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Wow 3 weeks to surgery!! I was very nervous and very excited 3 weeks pre-op.  Good luck to you!!! When I told her that she was like...oh I totally get it, I think she felt bad (which she didn't need too).  Good luck to you!!!

Bethany

cherg24
on 4/5/15 1:09 am - Ontario, Canada

I'm in the same boat as you as my surgery is a day later.   My father in law decided we should come over for Easter dinner.   Which is a lot of food and everyone else avoiding the dishes and I do them and guilt someone else in helping. Often it's twenty people and they're all lazy.  Anyway.  I told my husband he can go and take my son but I'll pass this year.   I'm not the least food tempted right now. This opti makes me feel like I have a permanent brick in my tummy but I just don't feel I need to expose myself to all that and do all the work for everyone else while I sit on the sidelines! Lol

MickeyDee
on 4/3/15 12:18 pm

So have a nice cup of French Onion Soup and just toy with it for the entire meal while you enjoy the company.  Dinner isn't just about eating.

Semaenlightened
on 4/3/15 12:31 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Ahhh Mickey...you are so right..and you just reminded me that a nurse in the hospital said that her husband had just had the surgery and that he loves the broth from Panera Bread soups and that you can ask for just the broth and they will fill the bowl with it.  So there is an idea!  THanks!!!!!!

RNY on 03/11/15

I am only in my 4th week post op and have been asked to lunch several times by co-workers. I always suggest Sushi and The first couple weeks I would just order miso soup and tea.  Now, I am adding a custom hand roll that just has shredded crab meat and avocado. I remove the nori and mush the avocado together with the crab meat. It is yummy.

Semaenlightened
on 4/3/15 2:39 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

I will have yo keep that in mind Determined.  I love Miso soup!

NYMom222
on 4/3/15 2:59 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I went to 3 weddings and had my brother's 60th birthday party during my first 6 weeks after surgery. The first wedding was 10 days out and the second 17 days out. It is about enjoying yourself. Early on my 'safe' food eating out was soup. Now it is soup or salad. I am so glad salad agrees with me (I was allowed to eat salad after 6 weeks but it didn't really start agreeing with me until 3 months out)... I understand not going to a fancy meal or something, but somewhere you can get something simple.... why not enjoy?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Semaenlightened
on 4/4/15 8:41 am
RNY on 03/25/15

We ended up going to panera...I asked if the tomato soup was pureed and she said yes...told her I could not have any chunks etc.  I got the bowl and it had pieces of garlic and onion and tomoto I probably would have been fine but I am pretty much anxious about that kind of stuff....so I went back and asked her if there was another soup that was easier to get just the broth so she gave me a new bowl of broth from their chicken noodle and a bowl to take home for free!  It was really good, like boulion but more flavorful because of being cooked with the other indredients. I also brought the tomato soup home and strained it.  So now I have soup for the next couple of days! I did enjoy myself and it was good to get out.  I too can eat salad 6 weeks out and I am looking forward to it!!

Bethany

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 377 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 376 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 215 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views