Complications ended my WL journey...*sigh*

selhard
on 3/28/15 10:38 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

It must be hard to read trivial posts on here when fellow WLSer's like you live with so much.  This might be a long shot, but here's an idea for you.......when I was faced with a desperate issue, it got resolved by involving help from our state governor's office.  One phone call from an elected official has the power to create fast action.

CelticSoul
on 3/29/15 4:07 am

selhard, 

Thanks for your reply.  I already have an advocate in the governor's office.  They assisted me early on in expediting the Medi-cal process.  They continue to help me get Medi-Cal issues resolved.  If my surgery request for May (hip replacement) continues to lag in the system-one call will effectively "get things moving". 

Thanks for your support!

Celtie

Bev B.
on 3/29/15 4:40 am

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me through all of this.  You have certainly been to Hell, and back.

I decided to try ONE MORE doc that is a lot closer to home for me.  I reached out to him, via his website last night.  He has Tyler Bariatrics, and seems to have very positive reviews.  It would sure be nice to find one closer, that is caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and most importantly willing to take on another surgeon's patient.

I live Southeast of Dallas, between Dallas and Tyler.  My original surgeon is in Lubbock, which is a 6 hour drive for us.  Fingers crossed.

CelticSoul
on 3/31/15 6:28 am

Bev,

Wishing you the very best!  Thanks for reaching out!

Regards,

Celtie

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 377 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 376 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 215 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?