Post Op Day 5!!!

ashmommy
on 3/24/15 11:34 pm

I had my surgery last Friday, March 20th.  So far everything has been going great!  I haven't taken any pain meds since Saturday!  The only real pain I have had was the gas pain.  I was up walking within a few hours after surgery and walked several times a day.  I was so nervous about the surgery.  I have heard that many people gain weight the first few days after surgery because of the gas, iv fluids, etc.  I had made of my mind that I wasn't gonna jump on the scale any time soon.  Today I just couldn't help myself.  I weighed and I have lost 12.5 lbs since Friday morning!  I am beyond shocked!  

MickeyDee
on 3/25/15 1:18 am

Fun, huh?  I'd like to suggest photos every month or so to track your progress.  Sometimes we just don't see it, and it helps, especially when the plateaus happen (and they will), to see that you are making strides.

Paulinev
on 3/25/15 4:19 am

Congratulations! I had my bypass March 20th of last year. Sounds like you are doing great. if you have any questions, please feel free to email me if you need anything. We share an anniversary lol

ashmommy
on 3/25/15 4:51 am

Thank u!  Will do!

ChillOutWayne
on 3/25/15 4:31 am
RNY on 03/02/15

I'm just over 3 weeks out and also really just experienced discomfort from gas for first few days. I did get some discomfort from one of the incisions about a week later that lasted a few days but nothing terrible. Time has flown by and I started my soft foods yesterday which makes a huge difference. I also experienced rapid weight loss, I lost 26lbs from the week before surgery to the week after, but be cautious, the stalls happen. I've only dropped 1lb or so in last 2 weeks. I'm down about 5in in waist so I'm concentrating more on those things than the scale, if I didn't it'd be a very long journey cuz that thing is the devil. 

LC727
on 3/27/15 10:56 am

Today is my day 5 post op as Monday 23rd was mine and yes gas!! wow gas. I am still taking pain meds maybe every 7-8hrs as I have three incisions from three surgeries at once. They did the bypass of course, removed gall bladder and found adhesions in colon so went and fixed them and cleaned bile ducts too. So I have been sore. No prob with fluids and light in on protein. I always weigh in on Fridays so today I get on scale and was up 2.7lbs since last Friday, so I guess surgery put on some weight to me. Maybe a diet upgrade on 31st when I go we shall see, but now gas is a pain for sure

ashmommy
on 3/27/15 12:09 pm

Glad to hear you are doing well.  Sorry about your gas pain!  It is awful.  I am 1 week post op now and can FINALLY say, no more gas pain!  I have had laparscopic abdominal surgeries in the past and remember some gas pain, but not like this.  Good luck to you!  I wish you well!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics