Will I ever be normal again?

Ocalasam
on 3/24/15 10:46 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

It will be at least 6 months before you start feeling "semi-normal" and probably a year before things start to really feel normal.  I'm over 2 years out.  My old normal was binging on unhealthy food and always finishing my meal at a restaurant.  My new normal is asking for a box when I order my food at a restaurant and having 2-3 more meals from the left overs and trying very hard to make good choices, because carbs go down just fine and taste really good.   Sometimes when I get a GREAT meal at a restaurant, I miss being able to eat a large portion of it, but my new normal is also shopping in any store I want and buying XS and size 2 clothing instead of settling for whatever I could find that would fit me and never being comfortable.  I like that normal better.

TanyaRN
on 3/24/15 11:35 pm - Palm Bay, FL

You are only a month out. You need to get these thought out of your head or will set yourself up for problems in the long run. You have been given a gift. Focus on success and being healthy. I am 11 years out. In the beginning, I did not miss food at all. I had times finishing a SF popsicle was hard. I never mourned my old eating habits. I was so grateful for this surgery

Cathy W.
on 3/24/15 11:49 pm

Give yourself and your procedure time.  You will need to develop a "new normal" that will work with your WLS tool so you'll lose weight AND maintain it.  Your former normal got you to need surgery.  Think "new normal" as your focus.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics