What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 3/25/15 12:11 am, edited 3/25/15 8:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I need my coffee and my favorite by far is a skinny Cinn. dolce latte-extra hot please! I do try and make my latte at home on days that aren't gym days. Happy with all my steps yesterday-22,236 and 10.12 miles!

Hmmm, I would have to say NKOTB!!!

Time since surgery: Just about 7 1/2 months

B: Skinny latte (made at home with soy milk), egg white, spinach and cheese scramble and a clementine and blackberries.

L: Quest S'mores bar and string cheese, skinny pop

S: L&F Strawberry yogurt with chia seeds and a tad granola

D: P3 ham pack

S: Thin Addictives banana and dark chocolate

Vitamins: Will start with breakfast

W: started

E: Walking with friends at lunch and stationary stepper at home. 

Totals: Cals:1026  Protein: 76 Carbs:100 Fat 42.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/15 12:16 am

I will say I loved music growing up. The Who, Tom Petty, Cheap Trick ELO. I still love it. MTV when that came on it was one of the best things ever. 

I tell my kids that MTV sucks now. I loved the videos. I grew up outside of philly and they had a show called Dancing on Air. I loved that show. 

I am really showing my age. 

AV you should see if Duran Duran is touring this summer you would still love it. I love concerts. 

B:Tea I feel icky today

L:Pineapple cottage cheese on top of a piece of ham steak

D:Not sure

S:?

Vitamins are in. Water is going down.

Enjoy your day. I love to wear concert t-shirts from the 80s.

Berryhoosier
on 3/25/15 12:25 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Hello!  I am just now (at 3 months) allowed to drink coffee again.  I was planning on staying away from it.  But I've been staying up too late on skype with the new guy, and this is 2 mornings in a row I've had a cup.  I'd like to keep it to 1 cup a day though.  Soft drinks give me headaches, so I'll stay away from them.

Music - oh, I hate to admit this.  Here goes: New Kids on the Block.  My best friend had a video of their live concert and we watched it over and over.  We would scream when they did a pelvic thrust.  Ugh, 15.  Thank God I'm 41 now :)  lol

B: McDonald's eggwhite delight

L: 1 slice cheese pizza, hummus, bell pepper strips.  (I'm not doing too good today.  Bad planning.  Too much time on Skype.  But I love that I can get on Skype an not be self-conscious!)

D: Chicken and quinoa stir fry

S: premier crispy protein and fiber.

EX:  no time

Water and vits - started.

Dcgirl
on 3/25/15 12:58 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Kristen and friends,

I love these topics.  I am embarrassed that I also was OBSESSED with NKOTB.  I had their posters and I had a Jordan Knight pillow.  OMG I went to their concert in the early 90s and it felt like my life was complete.  I should remember that when I sneer at all the tweens who are obsessed with Justin Bieber and all these little boy bands lol.

I just posted an update on the plastic surgery board.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/5308704/Fiv e-days-post-op-LBL-and-BL-update-with-pics/

I am five days post op and feel amazing.  I am back to work and seriously, the memory of the excruciating pain of post op day 1 and 2 is a distant memory.  I put some pics up too.  I am so so so happy with my new body, and I have a lot of swelling so I can only imagine how happy I will be once that goes down.  This morning I got myself up, made my coffee, got my yogurt, had a call with my boss, did some work, showered, and now I am updating here and then getting back to work.  Today's stretch goal is to walk 3 blocks to Harris Teeter and back with my mom.  I am not quite standing upright but I am STIR CRAZY so it would feel good to get out of the house.  Friday night I am taking my mom to dinner.  Yes, I will have to strategically hide my drains under clothes but I think it can be done.

The funny thing is that I am a HUGE baby, so I don't know how I am back to work as of yesterday and so many people take 4 weeks off.  Luck, maybe?  Mind over matter?  I can't explain it but I am so grateful.  I would rather take days off to travel!

Menu:

B: Light and fit with high protein granola, two coffees with half an half (Keurig hell yes!)

L: 4 teriyaki and pineapple Aidell's chicken meatballs - they are high in protein and quite moist and delish, maybe some green curry sauce

S: Not sure, possible something with FIBER so I can "go"

D: Salmon with shrimp dip baked on top, snap peas (mom is cooking for me and the new bf)

E: None.  I am hating not being allowed to exercise.

Have a great day everyone and can't wait to read about all of your embarrassing boy band crushes ;)  Em

karenp8
on 3/25/15 1:36 am - Brighton, IL

I feel you on the no exercise Em! I never thought I would ever be a person who would pout at not being able to take a walk with her dog!

melissasue1982
on 3/25/15 1:18 am, edited 3/25/15 1:42 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I don't drink coffee.  I have never liked it.  My husband likes to say I am not "grown up" enough!!  HAHAHA I am 32

The only band I was ever like IN LOVE WITH, was New Kids On The Block.  While I was in middle school (pretty sure it was middle school, could have been elementary school), I had sheets and a comforter, posters, magazines!  I had a book, and I remember my older brother went through it and drew mustaches on all the pictures and I remember being SO MAD, and crying and being all dramatic about it! HAHAHA

Pre-op diet day 3

B: 3 oz 95% fat free ground turkey, 1 joseph's pita pocket, 1 laughing cow light wedge

S: Dannon light & fit raspberry greek yogurt

L: Last of the leftover "Zucchini boats"

D: TBD, the kids and I always eat at my parent's house on Wednesdays.  They know what i can and cant eat on the pre-op diet.  But we'll see what they have.  I may have to just have a big salad and hope Mom made chicken breast!

S: 2 weigh****chers string cheese

I dont really have totals since I dont know what I will be having for dinner!  BUT it will be under 1000 cals and under 50 g of carbs for sure :)

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

JB1114
on 3/25/15 1:44 am - Grain Valley, MO

I've had a Keurig for several years.  The one I have now is the Vue and takes a different cup and of course more expensive.  I use the reuseable thing to save money.  I have heard them say on QVC to dump the grounds and you can recycle the plastic cup.  My favorite is Target's White Chocolate Macadamia Nut.  I usually have a 12 oz cup a day.  I have to have a teaspoon of sweetener and sugar free creamer......lots of creamer.

I don't really remember any particular bands I was crazy about.  I HS it was rock & roll.  In the 60s I went to country and now can hardly tolerate country.  Now, I enjoy easy listening and light jazz.

I must brag on my 11 1/2 year GD.  She is on a dance team and won 3rd place in competition.  She will compete in July in Chicago for nationals. 

My Click shake has tasted way too sweet the last 2 mornings so this morning I had protein coffee.  Surely, my Click will not turn on me.  Maybe I just need to back off for a few days.

B:  Protein coffee

S:  Weight Control oatmeal

L:  Asian wrap.....eating out; hope they still have the wraps when I get there.

S:  Sargento Balanced Breaks.....Pepper Jack cheese, honey roasted peanuts & raisins

D:  Turkey burgers

AngryViking
on 3/25/15 2:13 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I've seen that white chocolate macadamia nut coffee!  Is it good?  I'm not really a fan of hazelnut, so I'm afraid it'll be like that and I'll have to give away the box.

And I totally Googled the Sargento Balanced Breaks; I've never seen them in the store but they look good!

JB1114
on 3/25/15 4:47 am - Grain Valley, MO

AV, it is my favorite of all coffee I've drank.  You know how different our tastes are so you might hate it.  It's nothing like hazelnut although I like hazelnut. 

Sargento snacks have 7 g of protein and are 170 calories.  I would prefer they omit the raisins and add more cheese or nuts. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Dodgergirl27
on 3/25/15 2:12 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

AV, today's topic are my 2 favorite things, music & coffee!  I tried to cut back on coffee post op, but it's been an epic fail.  Like Anny said, I figure I've made such a huge overhaul in so many areas of my diet, that coffee is my indulgence.  It makes me so so happy!  And, yes, how did we ever survive without Kuerig's?  Although I do feel guilt about the waste with the pods.  As an aside, I do save them, then open them about once a month, take all the coffee waste and use that on my rose bushes (coffee grinds work like magic in the garden).  Then I'm able to recycle the pods w/o the tops on.  Its some work, but I feel less guilty and it helps me enjoy my coffee more, lol!

In terms of music, I was obsessed with Nirvana back in the day (and Hole, Babes in Toyland, etc.).  Man, the day Kurt Cobain killed himself will forever be etched in my memory. I was wrecked.  It did also teach me a valuable lesson not to get too attached to any musician or celebrity though, and since then I kind of take all celebrity status with a grain of salt.  You never really know what's going on in someone else's head....

Time since surgery: 14 months

B - 2 string cheeses

L - TBD (work lunch day)

S - Kind Bar (I'm loving this honey mustard flavor, it's so freaking good)

D - Flank Steak with sugar snap peas

W/V - On track

E - None planned, I have book club tonight, but I am going to try and get a 30 min weight session in before I go to be (I bought some 15 lb weights yesterday so I could do more workouts at home, I need to start breaking them in :)

Have a great day everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views