Everything makes me feel sick :(

Tina912
on 3/23/15 5:13 pm

No, I don't think it's lactose intolerance.  My protein shakes are made with water and there is no milk or lactose in them.  But thanks for the thought! 

rayres30
on 3/23/15 11:54 am

Tina, I feel the exact same way. I am 5 weeks out. I was trying protein shots and protein shakes and I got very sick today. In fact, I was sick all day. The thought of eating or drinking anything makes me sick. I have to force myself to eat or drink but I'm also so worried about hair loss if I don't get my protein. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I know it will get better but I'm very frustrated. 

Tina912
on 3/23/15 5:16 pm

Yes, it is nice knowing I'm alone either with this situation!  Most days I am able to get all my protein in, between 70 and 80 grams, but days like today, I did not get close at all....all I had today was a yogury, 1 protein bar and 1 protein shake, I couldn't stomach much else!  Hopefully tomorrow will be better!  Good luck to you, and thank you for your reply! :)  Hang in there...I will too!

mornings
on 3/23/15 1:55 pm - Canada

so sorry to hear Your not feeling well   sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery  tina  take care   things will get better

Tina912
on 3/23/15 5:16 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words!  I appreciate it!

Ocalasam
on 3/24/15 1:35 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I felt that way for quite a while.  I can still only eat small portions of dense proteins.  Foods like eggs and chicken may make you sick for quite a while.  It does get better.  Just stick to things you know you can tolerate and slowly introduce new foods just a few bites at a time.

hollykim
on 3/24/15 5:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 23, 2015 at 1:12 PM Pacific Time, Tina912 wrote:

I am 5 weeks post op and it seems that everything I eat, with the exception of yogurt, beans and sometimes eggs, makes me feel sick.  Even just the thought of food makes me feel sick.  I'm at the point where I do not want to try eating anything anymore so I don't get sick!  I have slowed my eating down, I make sure I am chewing my food really good, to applesauce consistency, but I just can't seem to not get sick!  Has anyone else had this problem and does it pass?  I am even having a hard time drinking my protein shakes.  I don't know what to do, and I do plan on asking my doctor at my next appointment in a week.  Thank you!

you don't mention any fluids.are you getting 64+ oz of liquid a day? Dehydration causes wicked nausea. 

Tina912
on 3/24/15 9:38 am

Yes, I am getting all my liquids in, I usually do at least 64 but many times I am around 80 to 100 oz.!

Denise2200
on 3/25/15 1:53 am

I had this problem for 3 1/2 months after my surgery.  It got very frustrating, but had talked to someone else who went through it and knew that it was not anything medically wrong after talking to my doctor.

I knew that it wouldn't last forever so I just sucked it up.  People would ask me if I was glad I had the surgery.  For that first 3 1/2 months, my answer was always, "Not yet, but I know I will be."  Sure enough, as soon as getting sick all the time ended, ever since then, I've not once regretted the surgery.

You just need to make sure there is nothing medically wrong.  Other than that, hang in there, it will get better!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics