Dodgergirl27
on 3/23/15 2:02 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Atonement all the way :)

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 2:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi menu friends!

I am back with the living!!!  I also didn't post on Friday - but that's because I was under anesthesia for 10 hours.  Oy.  I remember crying as they wheeled me in (I felt anxious) and they said "Now we will give you a happy drug" and I had a moment of euphoria and then the next thing I knew, I was in recovery.  Recovery was a blur but according to my mom, I was moaning and crying about the pain.  I guess I am glad I blocked that out!  The night in the hospital was heinous - people coming in every hour and a legit CRAZY woman across the hall crying and yelling ALL NIGHT.  She was literally screaming "Help me!  Where is my hair tie!  Come in here!  I need my hair tie!".  I asked the nurse if I was in a psych ward.  The nurses kept giving me doses of percocet and valium but nothing was really helping. 

Saturday my mom and I took a cab home (she is a stress ball driving in DC) and all I can say is that she deserves sainthood.  I would not be alive without her.  She is taking such good care of me.  Fetching my drugs, getting me drinks, draining my drains.  She even had to help me sit up due to the extreme pain and tightness in my stomach muscles until today.  My first night home was terrible.  I had major regrets, and I was crying, and I felt like I couldn't breathe very deeply, and I was in a lot of pain.  But Sunday once I stripped down and showered and saw the already very dramatic difference, I realized, I can get through this.

Each day is a little better, and I am already online catching up on work today.  I will say though, that I have to take Oxycodone every three hours or the pain is unbearable.

My menu is lame.  I can't get in much more than 900 calories a day, and I am trying to stick to protein but periodically I have to eat some high protein granola or pretzels to have something in my stomach so the narcotics don't make me sick.  You should see my bedside table.  Valium, Oxycodone, blood thinner shots, multi-vitamins, calcium, stool softeners...the list goes on and on!

At this point, all I want to do it be UPRIGHT.  It's SO tough being hunched over.  It's not comfortable at all.  I think this is one of those "life lessons" and I suck at patience so I just have to try to remember that one day I will stand up straight again.  I wish I knew when that would be lol.

Anyway, thanks for all of the best wishes, the prayers, and the private notes.  You all know how to make a girl feel good.  I am only 3 days post-op and already have visitors (4 dropped by yesterday) and it's already worth it.  Check out my before and after (I hope nudity doesn't offend you - at this point, it's just skin to me) and you can see the dramatic difference already.

Todays menu:

B: Coffee with cream, Light and fit yogurt with granola

L: Tuna salad, some chicken broth with chicken in it

D: TBD, but perhaps shrimp

Thanks thanks thanks for thinking of me and caring!  I am on the mend!!!  XOXO

PS. The surgeon said he removed 3.5 lbs of skin and tissue, but he repurposed a bunch of tissue to create me an ass.  Yay!  I am also UP 10 lbs on the scale.  Yeah, pretty demotivating lol.  I know it's just salt and fluids, but damn!

Berryhoosier
on 3/23/15 3:14 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Glad you are doing well!  I know this weekend must have been tough.  But wooohoooo for great results.  I hope to have a butt someday too! ;)  I didn't even have one at my heaviest.  All hips, no butt.

karenp8
on 3/23/15 3:21 am - Brighton, IL

I'm a member of the nobutt club too. Even at my heaviest I didn't have one!

Bubbles314
on 3/23/15 5:16 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Glad to here your surgery went well.  So happy for you.  Sorry about the pain, hoping it will pass soon for you.  A new butt huh? 

melissasue1982
on 3/23/15 5:12 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Hello All!  Today is the start of my 2 week pre-op diet.  So I figured I would start posting!! :)  We didn't do much this weekend, I did about 80 million loads of laundry!  2 adults, 2 teens and a preschooler and a toddler at our house.  PLUS we cloth diaper the toddler.  SO MUCH LAUNDRY!  I asked my husband over the weekend, how did we not realize having 4 kids would create so much laundry?? HAHAHA

B: 2 eggs scrambled with a Joseph's pita

S: Dannon light & fit greek yogurt, Toasted Coconut flavor (my current fave)

L: 3 oz chicken, 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 cup cucumber

D: "Zucchini Boats", which is zucchini stuffed with 98% fat free ground turkey, salsa and fat free shredded cheddar cheese

S: 2 weigh****chers string cheese

Totals: Cals: 970  Protein: 154  Carbs: 41  Fat: 22

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Bubbles314
on 3/23/15 5:24 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Happy Monday,

I am on late today, so I'll get to it.  The weekend was nice.  Had some alone time, watched some tv, talked to friends, exercised both days and taking today off.  Relaxing.  Somehow I made it through

5 1/2 months since surgery

B  coffee

L  fajita

D  chicken or ham, asparagus

S  TBD 

V/W started

E  day off

bumma
on 3/23/15 9:48 am

Hello everyone.  It is my first time posting.  I need some advice, help support...whatever any one can offer.

I am 13 months out of surgery.  I have done well.  At my heaviest weight I was about 284 lbs, only 5'2".  I used to joke that I was 5 2 up, down and around.  I dropped to about 220 lbs on my own and had the surgery to help me get over my last hurdle.  I am about 170 lbs now but I was down to 159 lbs.  Yes, that is right, I am gaining.  All I think about is what I can eat.  Crazy or what.  With everything that I went through I am now eating all the hard work away.  Did anyone else have this problem?

I live in a small community and there are not any support groups available.  I see a diatician monthly and I talk to a councellor monthly; but I still want to eat everything in sight.   Any ideas?  

I know that I am not getting enough exercise so I have to work on that.  

Take care all...bumma

Dcgirl
on 3/24/15 12:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Bumma,

Things got significantly tougher for me around 13 months out too.  I was less strict, I could eat more, etc.  I have found that when I eat pretzels or wheat thins or things like that, I can eat pretty unlimited amounts (too many calories, too many carbs).  When I eat dense protein (chicken breast, shrimp, meatballs, ground turkey), I feel the restriction and can eat much less.  I eat less protein which means less calories and means less carbs which makes me crave less carbs.  So this is why it is SO important to keep eating protein.

If you are like me and miss crunch (protein isn't very crunchy), I do things like eat tuna salad on Quest protein chips (not too tasty but ok with tuna or egg salad, I eat pickles, I eat peppers with greek yogurt dip.

Good luck getting back on track!  Exercise will definitely help too!

Emily

bumma
on 3/24/15 7:37 am

Thank you for the advice DCgirl.

Today has been a good day.   I eat the protein first.  My big problem is having baking around.  Our grandson came for a visit and I had to make his favs.  I gave a lot away and it is gone now. I think I should start posting my menu as others do.

Breakfast 2 poached eggs and I bread

Snack milk

Lunch home made lentil soup (awesome my friends husband does all the cooking and I was there for lunch)

cheese and four ritx crackers

Fruit salad and 2 home-made meringue cookies

Snack fruit salad and 3 digestive cookies

Supper will be meatloaf, potatos and veg  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?