What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

phibbmom
on 3/23/15 1:26 am

Good morning all!  What a fun packed weekend AV!  I had a fun packed weekend too . . . my youngest was in a robotic competition in Troy, NY.  I drove up on Friday and back on Saturday (I would go for the whole 4 days next time).  All that traveling made food choices difficult.  I brought some protein shakes and was able to work out a ham and cheese sandwich at the competition (i ate the cheese and ham off the sandwich) and they had fruit which was nice.  My daughter's team won the Chairmans Award and they will be going to Worlds in April.  I am going to go and try to plan better what food I pack so I can eat better.

Time since surgery:  5.5 mos

B:  egg, 2 slices turkey bacon

S:  L&F Greek Yogurt

L:  Curried chicken salad, lettuce & 1/2 sandwich thin

D:  Chicken chili, salad

V/W:  on my way (forgot to bring my vitamins on the trip)

Exercise:  Circuit Class, 30 min on treadmill

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

AngryViking
on 3/23/15 1:38 am
RNY on 07/17/14

A robotics competition sounds so cool!  And WTG to your daughter!  Where are they holding the "Worlds"?

phibbmom
on 3/23/15 1:49 am

Worlds are in St. Louis.  It's a 4 day long event where teams compete from all over the world.  The one this weekend was a regional competition.  I was really exciting for them to win.  It's the first time a team from our county has ever won.  I can't wait to go, but I am stressing about packing food and whether there will be a fridge in the room.  The kids pretty much live on pizza the whole time. 

Dartmouth
on 3/23/15 7:29 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I spend allot of time traveling and I usually carry....protein bars, nuts, tuna in a pack, jerky, mini bomblet and Swiss miss low cal hot chocolate ......i also have a little cooler with cut up veggies, a yogurt dip and sometImes Greek yogurt for the first day or so if there isn't a mini fridge...also I take a couple of baby pure nothing added applesauce in a tube(40  cals) so I don't panic there will be nothing to eat....so far so good! 

I do find that I worry when I go places that there won't be easy food and if I am stocked, I am not tempted by other stuff....

So don't curtail what you want to do, just plan around it!

and have fun!

joan

phibbmom
on 3/24/15 1:05 am

Thank you so much for the great ideas.  I will def be packing more snacks this time!  You gave me some great ideas too.

Dodgergirl27
on 3/23/15 1:48 am, edited 3/23/15 1:50 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Sounds like people had very busy weekends for the most part.  I was in palm springs for a girls weekend and it was very relaxing, other than that everyone else got these amazing tans, and my sad pale Irish a** was in the sun all weekend (with lots of sunscreen) and came home with literally 0 color.  Oh, the trials of tribulations of the fair skinned...:)

Time since surgery: 14 months

B - McDonalds Egg White McMuffin (I really like this, and as long as I stick to this on their menu and don't get hashbrowns or anything else, it's a solid choice with good #'s...but I feel like getting in the habit of going through drive thru's again is not a smart choice, since I did a ton of that pre-op, so I think this will be an every once in awhile treat and that is all)

L - TBD, I came back from the weekend grocery-less, so I'll be scrounging around tonight and today

D - I had some old mini-meatloafs in the fridge I am defrosting...assuming they aren't too old, I'll have one of those.

W/V - On track

E - A monster spin class session, 2 classes back to back to help atone for this weekends less than stellar choices.

Have a great weekend everyone!

phibbmom
on 3/23/15 1:50 am

I feel your pain!  I have two tones red and white!

Dodgergirl27
on 3/23/15 2:01 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Lol!  That's funny, I'm in the same boat!  I tried to use self tanner before I went too, and it was a streaky mess (why do I keep trying it, when year in and year out it fails me?...this year I thought b/c I was thinner it would work better b/c maybe it was streaky in the past b/c I had so many rolls, lol....needless to say, that was a really dumb theory and the self tanner was a total bust).  I just need to embrace my pale skin :)

AngryViking
on 3/23/15 2:03 am
RNY on 07/17/14

You are not pale, you are porcelain. 

AngryViking
on 3/23/15 1:59 am
RNY on 07/17/14
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views