2 days post-op LBL and BL...what a wild ride it's been! (with photos)

AngryViking
on 3/22/15 10:18 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Em!  Look at you!    Even at just two days out the change is amazing.  I'm so happy for you!

mamata2
on 3/22/15 11:11 pm

You look great!  Sending my healing thoughts your way!

Needanewbeginning
on 3/22/15 11:39 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

So glad to hear from you! Been thinking of you and know how hard these first days are. I wore a long tank top under my binder, it really helps and is more confortable then bare skin. Hated the drains as well, one of mine was the same, barely draining so it came out earlier than the second one. 

Walking straight, ugh, that's a few weeks away, but it gets easier. Back pain is tough to deal with, makes showers a fast event, but again it gets better honestly it does.

You look amazing! 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 2:45 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I don't know how I am going to wait a few weeks to be upright!!!  It's so uncomfortable!  And yes, the back pain is already bothering me.  I am curious as to what my surgeon will say when I go in on Thursday.  I think I am healing nicely :)

And thanks for the compliment!

selhard
on 3/23/15 2:18 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Sorry for the deletion above..it's a Monday.  Anyway, please read below what seems to fit so many women on this site including DCgirl...  

"The women whom I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because sh-t worked out.  They got that way because sh-t went wrong and they handled it.  They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it.  Those women are my superheros."  --Elizabeth Gilbert

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 2:46 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

WOW, thanks for this :)  What a nice quote.  I have definitely been tested these last few days.  I was even wondering if I had made the right decision.  But I Know I will get to a point where the pain is a distant memory!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/23/15 9:43 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Nice ass  

Rest, heal and know how great you look!  What a difference a year makes, eh?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 10:38 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks Mo! I can't believe I have an ass it's amazing. It's been such a droopy sag! Now is only I could walk upright and show off my new assets :) I did just walk up and down the stairs three times to do laundry which made me feel human. I hope I've turned a corner :)  

Daisydoo02
on 3/23/15 10:01 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Emily, congratulations on all your hard work.  Your blood, sweat & tears (literally) have got you to this point in your life. I am just over the moon proud of you.  It takes a very strong woman (or man) to go through this.  I have such respect and admiration for your weight loss, for your dedication and your drive.  You have worked so hard over the last year to get to this point and so you deserve all the fruits of your labours.  I bet the pain is horrible.  But you have the the inner strength to get through this (and I am sure the drugs help too ha ha ha).  Like at the beginning of your RNY surgery, just follow the surgeon's plan, listen to the rules and take care of yourself.  

I think you look gorgeous!!  I know you must have every range of emotion going through you right now but honestly for what you are going to come with at then end of your healing period is going to be phenomenal.  Great job Emily.  So proud of you.  Sending you love and healing vibes.  Do take good care of yourself, don't pu**** everything will be there in a few weeks (the work, the trips, the get together's, the gym etc etc, just look after YOU!).  Keep us all posted, BE healthy BE happy.  

MUCH LOVE & BIG HUGS, Daisy   

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Dcgirl
on 3/23/15 10:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awwwww thanks Daisy! I'm def keeping my eye on the prize and I know I have to be patient and eventually I will be healed. I really did not anticipate this pain-ironic since there are tons of posts about it. I guess I thought I would bounce back quickly. But from what I can see, I'm gonna be walking with a strut once I stop being hunched over :)

I promise to take care of myself and heal! I will also keep you all posted!

Sending hugs back to you!!!! Xoxoxo 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views