2 days post-op LBL and BL...what a wild ride it's been! (with photos)

Laura in Texas
on 3/24/15 10:48 pm

I was hunched over for a while. By week 3, I could somewhat stand upright. I really did not want to pu**** before then.

I was going to ask when you are getting your arms done...lol. My arms were outpatient, too. The first 3 days were tough, but after that it was not too bad. By day 10 I was fine. Much easier recovery than lbl/bl.

I hope you are feeling better!! Happy recovery!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dcgirl
on 3/24/15 11:12 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am sooooo much better thankfully. I even worked most of the day yesterday (I am a Dir of Marketing and work from home). I just needed to take a nap after my afternoon dose of OxyCodone :)

Although I don't want the arm scars, my arms are quite sculpted underneath the bat wing flaps so once I am cleared for exercise I will work on them again and consider arms in six months or so. 

After the excrutiating pain of this past weekend I can't even believe I am considering another surgery! How quickly we forget :)

Tomorrow is my first post-op appointment and I think my surgeon will be happy with my progress. I'm definitely less hunched over and lucid enough to be working. I think the swelling is getting worse, not better, however. The scale is also going up not down! 

Thanks for continuing to encourage me and share your experience so I don't have to obsess over if I am the only one :)

Em

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/15 9:11 am - OH

Glad you are doing well. My tummy tuck was the most painful surgery I have ever had, so the level of pain you are experiencing doesn't surprise me.  I walked hunched over for quite a while because it was so tight and painful.

It already looks great!!

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 10:14 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Lora - as much as I hate that you suffered through this, it's comforting to know others understand the pain! The pain and tightness is crazy! The worst part is, I worked on my abs for months leading up to it and my surgeon told me I was very tight already but he tightened them even more. I know he wanted the best possible result for me but OY!

It is hard to imagine walking straight up with this pain and tightness. Do you recall how long it took you?

Thanks! Em 

queenbmamafranks
on 3/22/15 10:19 am
RNY on 12/19/13

Wow! You already look awesome at 2 days out! Glad to hear you are coming around. I've heard it is a terribly painful surgery. A friend of mine had a total body lift and they lifted her butt by 1 foot! You are going to be rockin that body, girl. Hope I get to run into you if only for a minute in a couple of weeks. I'll pm you my details soon.

crqvingchange
on 3/22/15 6:44 pm

You look amazing Em.  We always thought you were beautiful, but now you are beautiful with a rockin' body.  Hopefully the pain will get better today.  Thank you for sharing the pics, it gives us PS wannabees an idea of what we can expect.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 10:15 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yes! Send me your details and we will definitely meet up! I better be upright in a few weeks!

birdiegirl
on 3/22/15 9:19 pm

The worst is over!  Just make sure you don't pu**** and do NOT lift anything heavy - like over 5 pounds - for the first few weeks!

Also - to me the binders were a saving grace and I wore them for a full 6 weeks for support.  You likely already know this, but wear a long tee shirt underneath to protect your skin from chafing.

They took 7 pounds off me - completely changed my look and how my clothes hung - worth every bit of the pain and discomfort!

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 10:18 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ooooh I haven't been wearing a t-shirt but that's an awesome idea! I have my binder on day and night. Really always unless I am showering. At my doc appt Thursday I think he will give me a Spanx type of thing. I will have to ask if I should keep wearing my torso binder too. 

As I feel less pain everyday the pain does seen to be worth it. I look pretty good even despite the swelling!

phibbmom
on 3/22/15 9:32 pm

It really did turn out amazing!  Congratulations!  I hope the recovery goes by fast.

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views