Ate too much for my first meal!

Maria27
on 3/19/15 5:01 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

My program had one day of clear liquid diet, and then goes straight to two weeks of purees. I did not enjoy clear liquids at all. I was really excited for the purees, but now I am frustrated because I can barely eat them! I think it will be easier when I get home. The hospital does not offer very good choices. 

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

poet_kelly
on 3/19/15 7:56 am - OH

Your program has you on liquids for four weeks?  That's a really long time.  Many programs do have patients on liquids while in the hospital but some have them on pureed foods before they are discharged.  I don't know why you'd have trouble taking in soft foods at three weeks post op.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ChillOutWayne
on 3/19/15 12:52 pm
RNY on 03/02/15

Our plan calls for clear liquids first week home, full liquids for the next 2 weeks (that's what I'm in now, including clear liquids but adding protein shakes and yogurt) and starting on next Tuesday, my 4th week, I will be adding soft foods like deli meat, scrambled eggs, string cheese and cottage cheese. The Tuesday after starts light seafood and cooked vegetables. The week after that starts a transition into normal foods like ground turkey, lettuce, chicken ect. 

Maria27
on 3/19/15 9:43 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I thought so too, and I told my surgeon that they were giving me ridiculous amounts of food when he stopped by. How is someone fresh out of surgery supposed to know when to stop eating without measuring the food? 

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Gwen M.
on 3/19/15 4:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?