My request was Denied

cspotrun
on 3/16/15 11:32 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I paid for my own through Obamacare and it was covered.  But I had to do research first because many did not cover it.  So yea, if you can, switch up!

Karen   

kokosuggs
on 3/16/15 10:22 am

My work insurance would NOT cover my surgery ..after talking to several coworkers I heard that a few yrs back 1 girl had surgery & had complications, so they did NOT want to include WLS in their policy....   needless to say I just paid cash.....then 2 months later signed up for Obamacare   & they DO cover WLS    that may be an option for you....best of luck

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Kristina247
on 3/16/15 10:28 am

I do have insurance thru the Obama care program. i pay monthly for Independence Keystone and it was denied. Tomorrow i will be making some calls and see what is my next option.

jessicatheresa
on 3/16/15 10:55 am
RNY on 04/09/15

my job excluded WLS from my insurance.. i picked up a plan off the market place as a secondary. all the plans i've seen for NJ have WLS covered, even the lowest tier. maybe double check your coverage booklet or even go on the website to see if there is something you missed. the dr's office should have informed you about not having coverage prior to submitting for approval.

christinerocks
on 3/16/15 11:04 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I'm so sorry the policy doesn't cover WLS but make those calls. I hope you can find another provider or alternatives. Good Luck to you and don't give up! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 218 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?