What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 3/17/15 2:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

So I'm still alive - yesh! What a few weeks whirlwind it has been. I'm typing to you all from my new office, which I'm still sharing with the retiring ED, but it's *almost* my office!

I started my new job as Executive Director yesterday and my head sure is spinning. Lots of new people, details, decisions, oh my! The hardest part is negotiating the relationship with the departing director though. It's great that she's here to share her knowledge, institutional history etc, but it's also a challenge because...where do I sit? how do I answer the phone? Who signs the contract with the copy guy?!

Anyway, I've just come off a rough two weeks of eating - I've been super off track - eating unplanned things, super high carbs, the "eff it" mentality creeped in a few times even. But I'm getting things back under control and with more routine returning to life I know that will help.

Time since surgery: 1 year tomorrow!!

B: ham and egg cup, a frozen Chobani yogurt tube (this is my favorite thing right now)

S: coffee with creamer, a Chobani banana and dark chocolate (I like yogurt...)

L: cottage cheese, rotisserie chicken, a granola thin

S: turkey sticks and a Babybel Ligt

D: ?? Mr. Ikea and I have a date and I don't know what we're doing yet, I'm pulling for Indian though

TOTALS (w/o dinner and an evening snack): Calories 741, Protein 69, Carbs 41, Fat 35

V/W: started

E: nada today...running around the new library, does that count?

PS. I miss y'all and look forward to being able to get back to the post on the regular as things settle down a bit!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 3/17/15 3:00 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Happy St. Pat's Everyone!

Anny, so glad to see you back on the post, AV that cauliflower casserole sounds delicious.  Mamata, so sorry to hear about your sons cold sores, I used to get them when I was younger (7th/8th grade) and they not only hurt but were so embarrasing.  Luckily I grew out of them, and they only last a year or so of my life.  Hopefully, he'll grow out of them too!  Em, your so close to surgery...I'm sending good vibes.  Happy 3 month surgiversary Berry!  3Bassetts & Karen enjoy your corned beef and cabbage (or just the cabbage in your case Karen, which honestly has always been my favorite part, well all the veggies in it actually).  I'm going to a wake, we are very Irish and lost my uncle this last year.  He love St. Pat's more than anything so we are having a sort of post mortem wake for him tonight and lots of people will be there.  Should be fun and a little sad.  

Time since surgery:  13.75 months

B - 1/4 of Denver Omlette

S - String Cheese

L - Tofu Salad & Veggies

D - Turkey Breast and likely some Irish Whiskey

W/V - On track

E - None planned, but hopefully a long walk at lunch

Have a great day everyone!

YEGgirl
on 3/17/15 6:36 am - Edmonton, Canada

Hi all . . first time posting my daily menu but have been reading all of yours for months ha ha!!

Time of surgery: 3 weeks

B: Oikos Greek Yogurt

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

L: 1 1/2 eggs

D: 3 oz of Lean Ground Turkey

S: 1/2 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese with Mandarin Slices

1% Milk - 2 Cups

W/V: On it

Exercise: Still waiting to see when I can start this :)

TOTALS: Cals: 807 Protein: 72.2 Carbs: 63.4 Fat: 29.7

AngryViking
on 3/17/15 6:38 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay, welcome!

knolmom
on 3/17/15 2:21 pm

Every day since I started my pre op last October, I read this post about what everyone is eating daily, but I never post my own menu. I do eat under 50 carbs daily, enjoy one premier protein shake with one half additional cup of skim plus milk putting my daily protein between 60 and 70. At 14 weeks out, I am eating red meat, lots of egg and cheese, low carb veggies, non fat yogurt, guacamole with baby carrots and green salads and tomato. I consistently have problems with white meat chicken, so I eat the dark meat, without skin. I also love all kinds of fish, as well as shellfish, although I have not been cleared yet to eat clams and oysters. I really miss my fruits but so many have high carbs that put me over my carb limit. I do not eat any bread, rice, potato or pasta, Doctors orders.

i am so excited to be down 50 lbs as of today. Not bad for an old lady with mobility problems that limit my exercise to walking/ jogging in the pool for an hour or two each day. I feel like I could have/ should have lost more, but I'll take the 50 for starters. That is one third of the way to my goal weight. I have so much trouble getting my water( liquids) in, perhaps this is the reason.

thanks so all your posts, which have made my menu planning go smoothly.

karenp8
on 3/18/15 1:05 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to have you join us knolmom. You are doing just fine on your weight loss. At three months out I had lost 52 pounds and I went on to lose all the weight I wanted plus more. I went from 270 to120 and have stayed there for over 20 months now,even with three foot surgeries that resulted in times of little exercise. Two of the surgeries I had to be non weight bearing for 6 weeks each time. I was able to maintain my weight by adjusting my eating. My biggest NSV is wearing the same small clothes two years in a row for the first time ever. And I am older too at almost 56. You will get to your goal if you stick to your plan and feel SO much better!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics