What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/15 11:04 pm

I am excited for today. I have my shirt ready not going to wear my shamrock earrings. I have green van  sneakers I wear every year. I think the reason my husband and I take off is I get the winter blues after Christmas. So we look forward to it every year. 

B:Ham steak and an egg

L:I am not sure it could be bangers and mash or corned beef

D:Left overs from lunch

Vitamins are in and water is going down. I know I am not going to get on the scale tomorrow. Corned beef has so much sodium I will be retaining water. I do have a NSV a shirt I bought three years ago for St. Patty's day fits this year. 

Have a great day.

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/15 11:24 pm

Can you post your cauliflower recipe?

AngryViking
on 3/16/15 11:32 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Didn't you give it to me?  LOL  Or maybe you just mentioned it.  It's Eggface's recipe!

Shelly's Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole

4 cups Cauliflower, steamed
4 Tbs. Butter, divided use
1/4 cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
3 cups Milk
3/4 pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese (3 cups)
1/4 cup Bread Crumbs (optional)

Steam cauliflower set aside. Melt 3 tablespoons butter, blend in flour & seasonings. Add milk. Coo****il thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese; pour over steamed cauliflower and mix till combined. Top with optional crumbs mixed with remaining 1 tablespoons of butter. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/15 1:06 am

No I gave you the idea of it. You were looking for comfort food. 

karenp8
on 3/16/15 11:28 pm - Brighton, IL

I have a green sweater on today and made corned beef last night for my hubby. I ate some cabbage,but corned beef is the one food I can no longer eat after surgery. Something about the texture of the meat I think. I sent the leftovers of the beef with him for his lunch today too. Post op 30.5 months and weight at 119.2 today. Exercise will be at least 2 miles at the park with Lily,treadmill program 6 and 20 minutes on the bike. Here's the plan for food: B1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey with cheese and hummus with green peppers D 3 slices turkey bacon and 1/2 c cabbage S Greek yogurt with plain granola. On track with vitamins and fluids too. Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

AngryViking
on 3/16/15 11:33 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

We made corned beef in the crock pot on Sunday and as of last night it was all gone.  Every time I make it I wonder why I don't do it more often.

karenp8
on 3/16/15 11:53 pm - Brighton, IL

I used to love it but my pouch is not a fan. I always have hubby pick out a small piece and make it just for him and I eat cabbage and some other type of meat. Last night it was the last of the Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes!

AngryViking
on 3/17/15 2:02 am
RNY on 07/17/14

How did I miss the Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes!?  Recipe?

karenp8
on 3/17/15 3:00 am - Brighton, IL

Philly cheese steak sloppy joes:brown 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey if you prefer. Chop one small onion and one green pepper and add to the drained ground beef. Coo****il onions and pepper begin to soften and add 1/4 c A1 sauce and one cup beef broth(I used low sodium) and coo****il peppers and onions are soft and liquid is cooked down. Served Hubby's on a bun with a slice of Provo!one cheese on top and mine bunless. Quite yummy!

Dcgirl
on 3/17/15 1:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning!  Thanks for reminding me to wear green :)  Since I work from home, I swear I live in yoga pants and a tank top.  But I just showered and put on jeans and a green shirt.  Although my only outing is to head to the hospital pharmacy to pick up Exparel, an injectable nerve-blocker that my surgeon will inject around my incisions on Friday.  I am in full-on panic mode along with a feeling of calm that it will go well.  

I am still working on my 100 g of protein a day.  Today I am on track to do well.

B: Two coffees with cream, half of a S'mores Quest bar after the gym, one leftover chicken taco

L: Turkey breast and havarti cheese

S: Jalapeño greek yogurt dip with 34 degree crackers

D: Rotisserie chicken breast, a few pesto tortellini, spinach salad

E: 55 minutes strength training, 40 minutes arc trainer, some core work

Totals are 1,500 calories, 118 protein, 90 carbs

Have a great day all!  Now I want cauliflower cheese bake - such great ideas on this thread!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics