HELP!!! Severe abdominal pain woke me out of a dead sleep just now!

Katie B.
on 3/16/15 2:24 pm

About an hour ago I woke up with severe abdominal pain. From right below my sternum right where one of my incisions is and it goes all the way down below my belly button, mostly on the right side. It even radiated to my lower right back. I'm in tears!  What it going on with me?!!? I'm almost 2 years post RNY

mornings
on 3/16/15 4:10 pm - Canada

I can say this , if you have pain and  you do not know what is causing it definally go to emerg and get checked incase its something serious  ,   please don't suffer with pain you are unsure of    ,  wish you the best sending prayers

Katie B.
on 3/16/15 8:47 pm

Thank you! It finally subsided after about an hour and a half. I'm going ti call my doctor this morning. 

The Salty Hag
on 3/16/15 10:07 pm
RNY on 05/20/13
If you still have your gallbladder, that could be the culprit. It could be an ulcer, it could be an internal hernia, it could be twisted bowel or just really bad gas. Hope you can get to your doc ASAP!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

NurseGin
on 3/16/15 10:31 pm

Know that all to well. If u hve your gall bladder thats what it is if not it sounds like intestinal muscle spasms which i know abt all to well. I take a med called "levbid" which helps n hve for the last 13 yrs since surgery. However... its very expensive if u dont have insurance so ive had to take.mine prn.  Its def.works though 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/17/15 1:07 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you're in serious pain, you should call a doctor or go to the ER-- not ask random strangers on the internet.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views