What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 2:10 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I've heard they're available at Walgreens. I buy mine on netrition.com though!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NYMom222
on 10/10/14 2:11 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I bought them off Netrition and Kays Naturals own site. The Kays site has sample packs you can buy. According to the website there stuff is sold at some Walgreens and you can search for your specific Walgreen. Not in the snack section I think in more like the diabetic/nutrition section of the store. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NYMom222
on 10/10/14 2:08 am
RNY on 07/23/14

First, I am excited I am officially off a 2 week stall. It is so funny how your body does these things. After 2 weeks of nada...I lost 5 pounds in the last 3 days.   haha... preparing on Tuesday to fly to Chicago to see my son and his family. So excited! Actually already packed my bag except for the last minute stuff. My son was so sweet and sent me a text asking what I could eat, and what he should get in the house for me. I will be bringing my own protein powder for sure. I am also interested to see how I fit in the seats of the plane....

B: cottage cheese with almonds and cinnamon

L: Hummus with Kays Naturals pretzels, Cucumber

S: Fit Frappe,

D: 'Friday night pizza' :) on a flat out bread

S: 2 cups air popped popcorn (first time-we will see)

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 2:11 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Nice!!! My scale hasn't been moving much in the last few weeks so I'm getting really anxious. Congrats. 

I love that you're already packed, I totally do the same thing!

Dcgirl
on 10/10/14 2:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww that is so cute that your son is planning for you!  Be ready for lots of questions...I know my family LOVES to constantly ask me, "Can you have that?", "Can you have this?", "Does your stomach hurt?", "Did you eat enough?".  They ask way more questions than anyone else.  But I am sure your son will be so proud of your accomplishments so far!

NYMom222
on 10/10/14 4:44 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Thanks! Yes, and luckily my son and daughter in law are very healthy eaters.  Somehow I managed to train my son in good eating habits even though I couldn't do it for myself. :)

Save

Save

Dcgirl
on 10/10/14 2:47 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone!  How I have missed you all this week!  I did get a chance to read the post at night on my phone, but since I was in Las Vegas, I was a. swamped with work and b. unable to plan my menu.  I had a week of travel nightmares - a canceled flight, and two delayed flights.  HUGE NSV from last night - I landed in Chicago at 9:05 and my connection left at 9.  I opted to run, yes run, from gate B8 to C19.  Including up an escalator while holding my suitcase.  And they held the plane for me and I made it on with a second to spare.  190 lbs ago my ass would NOT have been running lol.  So I was home at 1 am today.  It is SO good to be home!!!  Also, I am the same weight as Monday.  Which means I didn't lose but I didn't gain.  I stayed on plan while traveling which always makes me feel good, though my calories were a little high considering I had to eat meals at restaurants.

Thanks for all of your input re: my cold.  I ended up taking CVS brand cold and sinus medicine.  It was decent.  I also took Sudafed when it was just me being stuffy.

Time Since Surgery: A week short of 10 months (and my loss this month is negligible which SUCKS)

B: 1.5 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 3 cups of coffee (went out to breakfast with my old boss who was in town)

L: Frozen crab cakes by Phillips that I just pan sautéed up.  Delicious!

D: Probably ground turkey with taco seasoning and Mexican cheese and a tbsp of light sour cream

S: Not sure yet.  I need to go to Trader Joe's and stock up on protein.  I do have some Kay's naturals.

E: I did 25 minutes with my trainer but then I left without doing cardio because I have a lot of work to catch up on.  I am doing cardio and personal training tomorrow and plan to walk about 10 miles on Sunday :)

My totals will be about 1,100 calories, 85 g protein.

Have a great weekend filled with apple-picking, family exercise, firemen weddings, cooking new recipes, and whatever else is planned!

Em

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 5:17 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

EM! That is an AWESOME NSV for sure. You rock, girl!

greatwitness
on 10/10/14 4:15 am

Hi AnnyBananny,

I am a previous sleeve patient gone wrong.  I had a revision done on October 2 to a RNY. I just completed my first week. I was cleared to soft food, but having difficulties getting 2ozs in.

Can you give me any advice on what foods worked better for you and the amount of food you were able to eat in the beginning.  

I really want to get this right.  Thanks in advance for your time and any help you can provide.

NYMom222
on 10/10/14 4:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I'm not Anny but thought I would reply, you are very early out and 2oz or whatever you can get in is fine. If you are sipping your liquids all day, and drinking your protein shake at this point that is the most important. Keep trying small amounts. You will do fine. Good Luck.

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 244 views
Extended release medications
Maddymoe2 · 4 replies · 65 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 207 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?