What's on your menu today, RNYers?

karenp8
on 10/10/14 1:24 am - Brighton, IL

Pumpkin pancakes sounds delish says she who is drinking pumpkin spice coffee!

AngryViking
on 10/10/14 2:13 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I love pumpkin pancakes and my son will inhale them like the breath of life.  I've made pumpkin ricotta silver dollar pancakes since the surgery, but I haven't made these in a while.  They are.  so.  good.  Sometimes I add pecan halves for extra deliciousness.

Dodgergirl27
on 10/10/14 1:28 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, I got my spray tan yesterday and I have to say....I love it!  It was such a weird experience, I mean, you're basically naked (except for underwear) and you have this girl spraying you super close.  After getting over the initial embaressment, and the room with nothing but full length mirrors, it wasn't so bad.  It helped that the spray tanner was a really nice girl who was great at making me feel comfortable.  And of course, I really like the results.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still pale, but I'm a less dramatic shade of ghostly white and I don't look orange (like I always do with self tanners) so for me it's a win.  She offered to make me even darker, but I opted for a more natural look, I'm not going to fool anyone into thinking I'm Brazilian, so that wasn't the look I was going for.  Anyways, it's not something I plan on doing regularly, but it's nice to have in the beauty arsenal when a special event comes up. 

Time since surgery: 8.5 wks

B - Greek Yogurt w/ blueberries and almond slivers

L - TBD (will be on the road to the wedding, it's up in Nor Cal)

D - Rehearsal Dinner, I have no idea what they are serving, but I feel confident they'll be some sort of protein and veggie, so I'll improvise.  

W/V - Water on track, I forgot to pack my vitamins :(  Luckily I'll be back Sun, so it's only 2 days, but still!  I was so worried about forgetting to pack my dress and heels, I forgot about my damn vits!

E - None, hopefully lots of walking around today.  If not I may need to do some serious jogging in place in my hotel later tonight to get my steps up :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 1:45 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I'm glad the spray tan was a hit! Doing something to feel even MORE confident as awesome. Have a fantastic time at the wedding and kiss a firefighter!!!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 10/10/14 3:53 am - Brighton, IL

Hope you have a great weekend DG,and have fun with the firemen!

AZPatty
on 10/10/14 1:37 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning.  I have been craving pumpkin flavored anything so I am going to try a few different recipes this week.  Anny, how do you think adding pumpkin to your coolwhip FROYO would taste?  I think I am going to try adding that and maybe a little pumpkin pie spice to some fat free coolwhip.  I have also tried and really liked Eggface's cinnamon ricotta pancakes.  I like them even better the next day cold as a snack.  I am thinking of adding pumpkin to that recipe also.  Does anyone have any other ideas for anything pumpkin flavored? 

B:  premier protein, tea

S:  Greek yogurt

L:  pepper crisps with turkey and laughing cow--this may change because we are headed out shopping and may not be home for lunch

S:  honeycrisp and PB2--the apple has so many carbs but I just love them.

D:  leftover tortilla crusted tilapia

S:  popcorn. 

Have a great day everyone.

Totals:  866 Calories,  86 protein, 87 carbs

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 1:45 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Patty, I'm not a pumpkin fan, but I bet doing Cool Whip with maybe a cup of pumpkin puree would work well. But I bet eating it thawed would be better than frozen like I do it was the yogurt.

Let us know how your recipe testing goes!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 10/10/14 2:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I know I've purchased some pumpkin pie flavored yogurt in the past several weeks; Chobani, maybe?  You could use that for the FroYo.  I actually prefer it unfrozen, just mixed together so it's fluffy like mousse.  Yum.

karenp8
on 10/10/14 3:49 am - Brighton, IL

I think the pumpkin froyo would be delicious! Let us know how it turns out!

reset2014
on 10/10/14 2:08 am

where do you buy the Kays protein products?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 244 views
Extended release medications
Maddymoe2 · 4 replies · 65 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 206 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 269 views