5 Day Pouch Test

Calif_Princess
on 3/17/14 5:57 am - Louisville, KY

Thank you for your reply!!!  I really have to re-learn the basics.  I totally remember the Dr saying "no more cookies, crackers, chips, etc..."  And I've been eating all three of those things....bad, bad, bad.  And, of course, not working out....

I really need to start at the beginning.  I've forgotten everything I learned when I was doing all the research before surgery, and everything the Dr told me.  ARG...went right back to the old ways of eating.  I can't eat the portions I used to, of course, but I eat things that have no value, (tortilla chips, cookies, club crackers, candy, garlic bread...).

And, I really hate exercising.  I've got to change that....

~Melissa~
Start 286/Current 265/ Goal 150

Grim_Traveller
on 3/17/14 7:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It seems like you have all the answers you need. You don't have to follow a five day fad diet. Just start doing what you know you have to do.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

momjan
on 3/18/14 3:15 am - Canada

It is not broken; I probably used the incorrect wording but I think you understand what I meant.  All it does is help you rid your body of the carb cravings, which is what it is set up to do.  It is not set up to help you lose weight while on it; it just seems to sooth your stomach and allows you to refocus on the basics.  Some people can stick to it for the 5 days...others can`t.  But it is more like cleansing your body of the `carb monster`....... that being said it will  help you get back to basics perhaps a little easier than without trying it.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/14 10:57 pm

If you are looking for the feeling of the original restriction, here is a suggestion, that I find works well for me get a step in corset you can find them at walmart etc.  and wear it while you are eating. You will feel the restriction and limit your portions considerably. Then you can retrain yourself to go back to eating healthy foods, eating the foods from pre op days is what gets us all into trouble. Do the 5 day pouch test if you must, it is more for realizing how much you can eat at one time. Remember slider foods those with that are soft and liquidity pass through the pouch regardless of size  much more quickly than drier more fiberous foods. Hope my suggestion helps.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 168 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views