Fear of Failure

Lexicon
on 1/10/14 4:23 am - Madison, NJ

Hi All,

I had my surgery less than a month ago. The weight fell off the first week, but then it stayed put. To my horror, I am 4 lbs heavier today than I was on Wednesday. I am trying to be positive, and trying to envision the end results, but I can't shake this awful fear that I'm going to stay like this forever and, for unknown reasons (I'm following directions,) I'll be the freak the surgery didn't work on.

KevinBacon
on 1/10/14 5:15 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Go up to the search bar on your screen and type in 3 week stall 

It happens. Just follow your plan and the weight will come off :)

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Lexicon
on 1/10/14 5:54 am - Madison, NJ

I've heard of the 3 week stall... But I stopped losing after 9 days, and now I actually gained weight! Thanks, hopefully I'm just an early staller

QoftheU
on 1/10/14 8:40 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
I gained a pound or two as well, but now I only weigh once per week and that helps a LOT - it took the stress away!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

SteveWebb
on 1/10/14 5:48 am - NC

I have read others who have advised to increase your protein to break a stall.  Best wishes to you.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

knilsson66
on 1/10/14 6:27 am - Goleta, CA

It's not at all uncommon to not only stall early out, but your weight can also fluctuate due to retained water.  If you are eating what your plan calls for, there is no way you can "really" gain weight.  So it's probably just that you are retaining water.  Though it's frustrating, just stick to your plan and the scale will start to move again.  I for one have a very frustrating 2 week cycle that has been going on since surgery.  I lose for 2 weeks, then nothing happens for 2 weeks.  Then suddenly after 2 weeks the scale starts to move again.  I wish I was a steady loser, but that's just not the way my body operates, apparently.  Everyone is different.  So just hang in there...focus on getting lots of fluids (you actually hold on to more water when you don't drink enough) and getting your protein.  Before you know it you'll be down another 9 lbs.  

Kim

HW  372 |  SW 338  |  RNY 8/28/2013 

nurl
on 1/10/14 6:33 am
RNY on 05/14/13
I stalled at about the same time. I still do. I will lose well and then stay the same or gain a couple of pounds for several weeks. For me this is a normal pattern. I know eventually I will start losing again. However, in the beginning it was frustrating. Hang in there

MyLady Heidi
on 1/10/14 9:43 am

I think everyone feels this way, but it does work.  Lose the scale is my best advise it just annoys you.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/11/14 4:14 am

:)

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

southbay311
on 1/11/14 4:19 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12

welcome to the world of stair-stepping.  FRUSTRATION to say the least.  My surgeon said that the body can and will weigh with a variance of 2-5 pounds on any given day.  I see this today 2 years out.  The stalls and stairstepping is the perfect reason to stay off the scale.  Stalls can last weeks so put it away, stay true to your plan and start doing some exercising.  Walking would be best this early on!  Good luck it will happen you are not a freak!

Nancy

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views