Your Surgeon

vcroome
on 1/10/14 3:47 am - Japan

I "took the next available appointment" basically. There are 2 surgeons in the office I'm going through, but one is on maternity leave, so the only other choice was to go with another practice, further away. I'm not very comfortable with my surgeon to be honest, he's very cold and business-like, but when I brought this up with my nutritionist, who has known him for years, she assured me that he acts like that because he thinks it makes patient feel confident that he's professional. Also, he's German, so maybe it's a cultural difference :D In any case, I'm happy enough with my surgeon. If he knows his stuff, that's what's most important to me. 

illinois Gama D.
on 1/10/14 5:17 am

Why would anyone take next available? I wanted the Best in the state!! and after many months of research i got him, waiting  for appointments to see him was well worth the wait, never settle for "less"

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

KevinBacon
on 1/10/14 5:26 am
VSG on 03/10/14

lol sorry you're right that sounds bad.. 

I am from Washington and the doctors at Madigan Army hospital are some of the leading in the country on bariatric surgery. I would be happy with 3 of them :) 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/10/14 10:45 am
Hehe that did come out funny but now that you explained I understand. MAMC has some sterling doctors. To answer your wuestion, I handpicked mine and I had several choices.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/14 5:30 am
scoobyluvr1
on 1/10/14 5:36 am
RNY on 10/21/13

My PCP referred me to my surgeon.  And after researching him and meeting with him I felt very comfortable with him and was happy to have been referred to him.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

SteveWebb
on 1/10/14 5:54 am - NC

I took the next available.  His name is Peeter Sossar.  I understand he is a good Surgeon.  

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

basilmk
on 1/10/14 9:05 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I went with a surgeon 3 hours from home as his program has an outstanding record and my doctor's training and experience are far superior to the local wls doctor.

southernpeachnc
on 1/10/14 10:43 am

If you can pick I would suggest you research online their background and compare your doctors..  I had a choice; bedside manner or top notch professional with major education and head of the group.  You can guess who I held our for.  

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views