PSA: Take my post with a grain of salt

mollz007
on 1/10/14 6:44 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I know exactly what you mean. I suffer from insomnia as well and I took Ambien for awhile. It made me do weird things too. I remember I would wake up in the middle of the night and go to the kitchen and stuff my face, and have no recollection of it in the morning except this weird feeling that I had eaten, but not being sure if it was a dream or not. And this was all happening while I was on one of my many diets, so you can imagine how irritating that was! I would also talk in my sleep and say really weird stuff. I would have been scared to take it if my husband wasn't sleeping right next to me and would be there to make sure I didn't do anything that would hurt someone. I finally told my psychiatrist I had had enough and he put me on lunesta. For me, it works just as well without any weird side effects (that I know of, lol.)

check out my blog!

RainbowRN
on 1/10/14 9:28 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

I have such a high tolerance  to meds.  When i don't take my ambien I take 100mg of benadryl PLUS 2 unisom and even that barely touches me.  I recorded myself one time after I took an ambien and I ate an orange and a greek yogurt and have no recollection of it.  For that reason I only keep healthy stuff around me. 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Kvp1029
on 1/10/14 9:44 am
Revision on 12/28/13

The best thing to do is take your ambien and go right to bed.  It cuts back on the weird stuff.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/10/14 10:10 am - OH

Absolutely.  I don't understand people taking it and then being up and on the computer, etc. especially once they know they have issues with it.

(I tried it at one point but had auditory hallucinations.  Not good. )

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

RainbowRN
on 1/11/14 1:03 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

I always take it and then go right to bed.  But I apparently get up afterwards.  Crazy.  

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

moonandstarzz
on 1/10/14 12:56 pm - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Ive taken it before but it didnt work for me. Currently Im suppose to be taking Elavil between 50-100mg but when i do take it I only take 10-25 cause it makes me so groggy the next day and i have a 1 yr old, and usually i still lay in bed for hours till i finally fall asleep (but i also have bipolar, anxiety, ptsd and a bunch of other garbage i deal with so usually im laying in bed thinking about "well what if someone broke in and tried to smother me could i turn my head this way and breath this way and make them think that Im dead so they will leave, and still make it) yea i hate that lol

applegirljae
on 1/11/14 3:05 am

I've tried everything out there for insomnia as well and every single thing made me feel like I had been drugged the next morning. I felt worse then if I hadn't slept at all so I just quit taking anything at all. Do I still have insomnia? Yes. If I do get to sleep do I wake up at 3 in the morning an toss and turn? Sure do but I'm realizing 90% of people I talk to seem to have the same issue so I figure I'm normal an do my best to push thru my day. I know I'm not alone and I don't feel this desperate need to get a full 8 hours sleep anymore. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics