Syntrax nector lumpy?

debramontoya
on 11/9/13 5:44 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I mixed mine in a 16.9 oz water bottle that I had a bit out of first.  It was clumpy, lumpy and kinda slimy? What the heck am I doing wrong? Should I use my blender.  I want to like it......but my first experience was yucky.  I love unjury chocolate splendor and like the strawberry sorbet.  I bought a jay Robb chocolate and it's just ok.  But I hated unjury chicken soup.  Maybe the first week post op was the reason but I don't think I will ever use my 2nd sample pack. I also like the protein soups I bought, can't rember the brand. 

Also, if after I mix the unjury chocolate splendor at 140 degrees, if I heat it up more wil it clump? I like my hot chocolate hotter.

thanks

poet_kelly
on 11/9/13 6:11 am - OH

I put my Syntrax Nectar in a cup with a lid and shake it well and it's not lumpy.  However, some people like some brands better than others.  You might just not like that brand.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

debramontoya
on 11/9/13 7:33 am
RNY on 10/28/13

Are there any other types of protein drinks like syntax that you recommend.  

poet_kelly
on 11/9/13 7:45 am - OH

I like Chike a lot too.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

debramontoya
on 11/9/13 7:49 am
RNY on 10/28/13

Ok I'll look for that one, thanks 

poet_kelly
on 11/9/13 7:50 am - OH

chikenutrition.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/13 6:45 am - WA
I love my blender bottle.
debramontoya
on 11/9/13 7:36 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I have a cup with a metal ball thing inside that I mix my chocolate drink in and my syntax clumped in that too,  maybe I got a goofy batch??? I just went to my moms and she gave me her Hamilton beach blender wand thing so I'm going to try that.

TurnThePage
on 11/9/13 7:29 am

ALL  proteins will clump at more than 140 degrees.

Always good to mix the powder with a couple of spoonfuls of water or milk first to make a slurry. Then add the rest of the liquid to avoid lumps. This is especially important when you are making hot drinks. 

I make my drinks in a blender. For chocolate milk type consistency, I run 10 seconds on the mix setting. For shakes, up to 1 minute. Then there's the smoothie setting, but I don't care for that much air in mine. 

Sorry you didn't like the Unjury chicken soup. I have it once a day as a savory  and warm alternative to all the sweet, cold drinks. Someone added worcestershire sauce to zing it up. 

debramontoya
on 11/9/13 7:34 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I am sorry too, it sounds so good.  I might give it a try in another week or so.  My tastes are all over the place.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.