Week From...

snowball24life
on 11/1/13 10:23 pm - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Sorry I have not updated... Been in the Hospital and Home just in so much pain... The Doctor finally performed the Lithotripsy on Monday.. Got the 11mm by 7mm Kidney Stone blasted.. However, because my white blood cell count was at 15.7, and my Kidney was massively inflamed, he kept me in the Hospital for two days after and then released me home on a ton of medication and a stent.

Got my stent removed yesterday, still dealing with being a little uncomfortable, and the urge to want to urinate all the time.. BUT it is much better then the pain I was in..

Now, every time I asked my Urologist the results of my 24 hour urine collection he keeps putting me off.. Saying he wanted to wait until AFTER the Lithotripsy to see how bad it was inside, before letting me know.. So when I asked him yesterday when taking the stent out he responded that he now wanted to wait until the results came back from the study of the stone he took out..

Then told me he wanted to see me back in 6 weeks so he could do an ultrasound to make sure my kidney and bladder were no longer inflamed? And to hopefully tell me my results? Now when my SO had asked him about the results of the 24 hour long collection, the Doctor looked at him and told him it was not good, and that having the RNY only made my problem a lot worse..

I trust this Doctor, he is an excellent surgeon. However, telling my SO that, and then putting us off every time we ask is putting us off a little.. And swelling did not take 6 weeks to come down before... Just a little nervous.. 

poet_kelly
on 11/1/13 10:53 pm - OH

I would be very concerned if a doc refused to give me test results.  I would insist on receiving a copy of the results for my own records.  Legally, doctors are required to give you a copy of any medical records you want.  If your surgeon is being difficult, you can get a copy from the lab where the test was performed.  But I would not feel comfortable being treated by a doctor that refused to give me test results.  If he refuses, I would find a new doctor and report him to the state medical board.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/2/13 9:09 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 2, 2013 at 5:53 AM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

I would be very concerned if a doc refused to give me test results.  I would insist on receiving a copy of the results for my own records.  Legally, doctors are required to give you a copy of any medical records you want.  If your surgeon is being difficult, you can get a copy from the lab where the test was performed.  But I would not feel comfortable being treated by a doctor that refused to give me test results.  If he refuses, I would find a new doctor and report him to the state medical board.

Amen to all that!!
Prayers for healing and a reduction in pain!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.