Today I get my rock out in surgery...

snowball24life
on 10/28/13 1:03 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

So I go in at 4:45 pm today to have a Lithotripsy to try and remove my 11mm by 7mm Kidney Stone out, which is stuck in my ureter and making urine back up into the Kidney. Hopefully the Doctor can blast it enough to be able to remove it through the ureter without causing much damage then it already has.. If he cannot succeed in doing so, he will have to turn me over and go directly through my kidney to remove it..

To boot, I have not been able to eat all week as my stomach has been in pain since the stone lodged itself.. As well as making me nauseous, and causing me to vomit a few times..  And I have not been able to take my vitamins as they wanted me to stop taking them a week in advance from the surgery.. So I know I am most likely dehydrated. I have had these done before, but not as big a stone, or the back-up of urine were in play.. And I also had not had the RNY yet as well..

Just a bit nervous. Hoping things go well, with no complications. Thanks for listening.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 1:12 am
RNY on 05/13/13

HOLY HECK! That is HUGE! You are not kidding when you say a rock! My center stone in my anniversary ring is 9x13 and I cannot even IMAGINE that in me. And it is nice and polished with smooth edges...not rough and spiky!

Bless your heart--I hope you have had the good drugs all this time!!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

snowball24life
on 10/28/13 1:36 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

LOL! Yes, they started me on Vicodin, but then switched me to Oxycodone. I think the Vicodin worked better, but at least it is something. Cannot wait until I feel better! Thanks!

gtrdyfor50
on 10/28/13 3:49 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Good Luck!

RNY on 10/21/13

Wowzer! I hope all went well in surgery and you are feeling much, much better!!!

LAP RNY 10.21.13  Pounds lost by month: 1: 34 2: 25 3: 16 4: 12 5: 7 6: 18 7: 10 8: 8 9:15 10:10 11: 10  12:  Total so far: 190! pounds

PetHairMagnet
on 10/28/13 8:51 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

How did it go? I looked for an update and did not see one--sorry if my old eyes missed what you shared.

Praying for you and thinking about you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.