Kidney Stones

snowball24life
on 10/22/13 3:33 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

So... I know my kidneys are filled with kidney stones.. The biggest one being 11mm. My Urologist stated that anything between 4-8mm does not usually pass, and he has never seen anything bigger then a 10mm pass. Well, the 11mm is now TRYING to pass, and as he stated it is not working. Because of this, it is causing my urine to back up into my kidney..

No wonder the past three days I have felt like absolute crap.. I go Friday to find out what he wants to do. But I have a feeling he will want to do another lithotripsy. Don't know if he will want it done right away, or if he will wait a little bit..

poet_kelly
on 10/22/13 3:36 am - OH

Urine is backing up into your kidney and you don't see the doctor until Friday?  Is it safe to wait that long?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

snowball24life
on 10/22/13 3:38 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Apparently.. I called them and they put me in for Friday morning. My regular Doctor is Faxing all the results down to him. Not sure what the heck will happen, and I cannot imagine urine being backed up into the Kidney being good..

poet_kelly
on 10/22/13 3:40 am - OH

Maybe you can call back and speak to the doctor and ask if it's safe to wait until Friday?  It sounds like it could be dangerous.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

snowball24life
on 10/22/13 3:49 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I will call and ask to speak to the Doctor..

poet_kelly
on 10/22/13 3:50 am - OH

I think that's the best thing.  Maybe the person that answered the phone doesn't know if it's serious or not.  And maybe it's not but it sounds serious to me.  Maybe if one kidney is working, that will be OK, but with urine backing up into the kidney, I would worry about toxic stuff building up.

Pookah
on 10/22/13 6:26 am - Dallas, TX

I'd be worried too!  That exactly how my wife ended up with a bad kidney infection, surgery, and a week long stay in the hospital.  If you feel bad enough and start having a significant fever, take yourself to the er.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/22/13 7:16 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

I think that's the best thing.  Maybe the person that answered the phone doesn't know if it's serious or not.  And maybe it's not but it sounds serious to me.  Maybe if one kidney is working, that will be OK, but with urine backing up into the kidney, I would worry about toxic stuff building up.

Totally agree! Please escalate!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.