Vitamin Questios.......

chickiedoo123
on 10/14/13 3:08 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Hi All -

I have a few vitamin questions......

I think I have been taking the wrong Vitamin D - I take a gel cap - I have heard folks talking about dry vitamin D - I am assuming that I am not taking the right type.......:-(

I have had some issues with gross nausea and foaming when I take my multi and Calcium....... I am thinking that chewables would work better?  I am wondering if anyone has had any good luck with any over the counter vitamins that I could get at either Walmart/ CVS/ Walgreen's?  I also struggle with the calcium - I used to take Calcium Carbonate (wrong kind - we should have citrate) but they gave me such horrendous gas I thought I was having a heart attack and had to go to the ER.

I also just posted about my buzzing Left foot - I am wondering if this could be a symptom of a vitamin deficency?

My One Year follow up was just cancelled so I will have to re-schedule that for later in the month ....

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Ellie                
poet_kelly
on 10/14/13 3:20 am - OH

The foot thing could possibly be a B12, thiamine, or copper deficiency, but that normally is more a numbness or tingling like when your feet are falling asleep, and normally is in both hands and both feet.  My guess would be something like a pinched nerve, but I'd see a doctor about it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.