Im out of control I need help

katiedidwestchestermed
on 9/2/13 5:16 am

Dear Dawnie,-- Maybe what might be good is to go back to a high protein shake(23 grams or better) with 1% milk,  low carb ( 5 grams or less).  when you get up. Keep the carbs low throughout the day.  Stay away from any refined sugar, white foods in general.  Use deli flats from Pepperidge Farms for any 1/2 sandwiches ( they are 100 calories). What keeps calling you to eat is eating more carbs because they spike your blood glucose level and release more insulin to take care of the excess.  Insulin is a hunger hormone which creates the cravings and unsatisfied feeling.  This should help.  I'm getting back to being at peace with food.  If you are a faith-based person, surrender the problem to God.  I gave him my appetite in a prayer and it's working without a lot of stress or feeling I'm doing it myself--which I don't have the power to do anyway.  God can work wonders with the belief that he will do it.  Affirm the positive.  When we keep on telling ourselves the negative we affirm that belief with the resultant frustration and failure.  It's simple but hard to come to.  Desperation is what's required and it seems like you are getting to that point.  Don't give up on yourself.  Try God.  He's a wonder worker!

dawnie55
on 9/2/13 5:46 am - Garden Grove, CA

THANK U ALL FOR THE HELP

I JUST MADE MYSELF A PROTEIN DRINK

WHICH IS :

NECTAR CAPPUCCINO

1 SCOOP

4oz. LACTAID FF MILK

1 BANANA

PUT IT INTO BLENDAR

NOT BAD AT ALL

I WOULD HAVE PUT MORE MILK BUT RAN OUT

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/2/13 1:23 pm
That protein drink looks yummy,.. But there are so many carbs and sugars in it... Milk- 1/2 cup = 6 gr, add banana typical has 25-30 gr of carbs and 15-18 gr of sugar...
So your 'protein drink' was actually 'carbs drink' with protein....
Even when you eat natural sugars - there are still sugars...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

fatgirl2000
on 9/2/13 6:01 am - Olney, MD
RNY on 02/24/12

Huggs.. It's not your fault. Marketing and advertising in our grocery stores has completely gotten out of hand. There is a reason why health care costs have skyrocketed and even rates of obesity in children have been soaring out of control. It;s not you.

Before you go shopping, make sure you eat and drink as much low cal stuff as possible before you go. You do not want to  walk into a store hungry, ever! Then make some notes in your head when you observe what the store is doing to sell really bad stuff to people that's very unhealthy. You'll look at those foods in a new light, really, you will!

If you always tell the truth, you won't get caught lying..
Ambria
on 9/2/13 8:19 am

I feel your pain......I know what you're going through but mine is just a different situation.  I had gained about 55 lbs from my lowest weight.  This was due to my mother last year breaking her hip and I was back and forth from hospital to nursing home, to her house flooding, and then found out she had lung cancer, to hospitals, hospitals, hospice, and then she died.  Now I'm going through her probate case and it is never ending stress - stress - stress ---

BUT

I just finally realized that the path I was heading was one I don't want anymore.  So now I've lost 10 lbs, and eating right and I see my RNY surgeon once a month to try to get back on track.  He's not mad at me and he's there to help.  Just go to your surgeon and get back on track.

It happens........just get back on track and know there are people here who kow what you are going through....

dawnie55
on 9/2/13 3:03 pm - Garden Grove, CA

thank u ..for me its alot of stress i take care of my mom after i work my 11hrs a day

and then go take care of her feed her,give her meds, shower

my son and daughter-inlaw makes sure she eat breakfast and lunch and i take the night shift

this has been going on for almost 1 yr. now

it seems like it never ends

Jedene F.
on 9/2/13 1:02 pm - Oneonta, NY

Just take it one day at a time!  I had RNY 2 1/2 yrs ago - lost over 150 lbs, and now I've gained back 40 or so lbs.  I've recommited to the RNY way of eating.  Not drinking WITH meals and not grazing/snacking...  Go back to the basics - restart your exercise routine. Every day can be a struggle, just know you are not alone.  Come here for support and real life experiences other bypassers have encountered.  Good Luck!!!!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views