Quick shake question, can Stevia cause us to dump and anyone try 310 shake?

Armyguy1976
on 8/3/13 11:46 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13

Evening all, 

little over a month till my RNY and i'm busy researching post op shakes, Anyone try 310 shake? 

http://shakedietreviews.com/reviews/310shake/

Any info would be great.. 

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/3/13 11:55 am - OH

Have never heard of them. but went to the website.  Just my opinion, but you probably don't want a shake with an appetite suppressant added to it because most people find that they have very little appetite for quite a while after surgery and struggle to force themselves to drink shakes or eat. I would also think that you wouldn't want to get your body used to having an appetite suppressant since you need the first six months to really develop your new eating habits, and if you continue drinking shakes that dull your appetite, you may find it hard to stick with whatever you have been eating in addition to the shakes once you stop them.  

This is about changing your lifestyle and eating habits permanently, and IMO appetite suppressants are part of the failed dieting mentality and don't have any place in it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Armyguy1976
on 8/3/13 12:43 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13

Thanks, 

Honestly did'nt even equate appetite suppressant factor, I got distracted by the lack of sugar and low carb. 

keith

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/3/13 1:18 pm
Stevia does not cause dumping. Some people can taste stevia weird aftertaste... ( like my BF or some of my friends) but some ( like me ) really like the taste. I have a few friends that like stevia and some that hate it and can detect even small qty.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Katie K.
on 8/3/13 8:19 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Syntrax Nectar has no sugar or carbs. I use Chocolate Truffle and mix it with milk. There is sugar in milk, but it's okay. I haven't heard of anyone dumping from milk. I am slightly lactose intolerant right now. I've been told it might go away. Cheese and yogurt are fine but I have to use lactose-free milk.

I use stevia in my hot tea and haven't had any trouble with it. I might not dump, though. I haven't tested if I dump. I don't want to find out that I don't dump.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/4/13 12:57 am
I dump from milk. Some people dump on natural sugars.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Louise1974
on 8/5/13 9:59 am

I haven't tried those shakes but I do use stevia pretty regularly because I don't like all the artificial sweetenders.  Powdered stevia tastes funny to me but liquid stevia works pretty well in most things for me.  One bottle is pretty pricey but lasts forever because you literally only use a few drops at a time.  just add really slowly because the difference between just right and totally disgusting is about 1 drop.  We grow stevia in our garden and make stevia and mint tea in the summer.  It grows like a weed and makes really nice herbal tea.  I also use stevia to make lemonade all the time.  Really yummy!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views