Dang RNY........

chickiedoo123
on 7/19/13 2:50 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Hello All - it is finally FRIDAY - I have been waiting all week!

So I just have to share - I LOVE my RNY......it has helped me get healthy and be more active.....it has helped me go from 295 to 185.....I was whiny yesterday feeling like I have not lot enough compared to others and then with all of the kind responses I said to myself - you got this......I am doing it and have been doing it - 110 pounds in almost a year (8/22) is not shabby at all - it is pretty awesome

So while I was thinking about my RNY ad how much I love it - here are some things that are annoying:

1. My poo is SO GROSS!  It is not even like human doo doo - it is like prehistoric poo......yuck!

2. Certain types of Crystal Light hurt my pouch and make me feel poopy - I LOVE Crystal Light but have to be careful what I drink

3. Sugar Free frozen yogurt and the pouch do not get along.....it is sugar free - what the heck?  Have learned that it is a no no for me

4. Some days I feel like I could eat all day long - like today for lunch I had one cup of food (per my nutritionist) - 3 shrimp, and the rest was steamed veggies.......and I am still hungry....or am I really hungry?, should I pu**** and eat something else? Should I suck it up? Could one more bite make me feel like I am going to barf?

5. Some days I feel like I can't eat anything - and it is usually on these days that I have a fave food ......2 bites and I am done

6. It took me until just last month (10 months) to feel restriction - I apparently have a slow learner pouch or I am a slow nerve regenerator.......I have always stuck to portion size plan but have never really felt the feeling.....i do now - it feels kinda weird but I am glad that it is there

7. Milk and I are not friends - and I forget about it all the time

8. Chewable Calcium makes me so sick (gas) - but I want to eat them b/c it kind of feels like a little treat - weird I know

All in all the above are small annoyances compared to my sleep apnea, type 2 diabeties, and out of control blood pressure!

Yay for my RNY!  Yay for me!

Ellie                
Patm
on 7/19/13 3:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

When you are hungry, a suggestion is to up your protein. It will stay with you longer than the veggies. Often frozen treat have carageenan gum (can't spell it). they are not finding that this is not good for people. It is used as a thicken in a lot of foods. You may be sensitive to it

and yes tgif!

DebsGiz
on 7/19/13 9:40 am - FL

Congratulations!  I was also a "slow" loser by many of the standards I saw on here, but I was slow and steady and the weight not only came off, but has stayed off for coming up on 5 years.  Hang in there and it will continue to happen for you as well.

I also love (as in love, love) my RNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April M.
on 7/19/13 5:54 pm
RNY on 09/26/13

Thank you for such a positive post!  I'm still pre-op and sometimes all the problems on this board freaks me out...

April

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views