How do you determine your goal weight?

Tirza T.
on 6/17/13 11:25 pm
VSG on 01/17/12

I think everyone is different. Did you know that bone density and the weight of your internal organs can actually affect overall weight? I am 5'6 and when I weigh 150lbs I am actually looking like I am on the "thin"side. I was once asked if I weighed under 135lbs at the dentist because it could complicate some procedure or medication they were giving me. I laughed because I was giving the appearance of being 15lbs thinner than I was. So it really depends. Shoot for your Doctors goal. Re-evaluate at that time. You may feel good there or you may feel like you want to lose more. Don't get caught up on the finish line and just focus on the journey. Good Luck!!!!!!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
gentlyonward
on 6/18/13 2:30 am - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

I'm between 5'9 and 5'10 (depending who measures) and I have a large frame too... broad and "Sturdy". XD I'm setting a goal of 175, then I'll reassess... I don't know where my body is going to feel comfortable (seeing as how I've never been average, let alone skinny...). I figure I'll get to 175 and then decide from there where I should be aiming next.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/18/13 9:05 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Thanks everyone-this is very helpful to hear so many perspectives and experiences! Appreciate the time taken!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics