Correct post: Pulled into office at work for my scrubs.... really? PIC included

RainbowRN
on 6/12/13 5:25 pm, edited 6/12/13 5:25 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

So basically one of my supervisors at work pulled me into her office to tell me that my scrubs were getting too baggy on me and I really needed to buy some new uniforms.  She also told me that they were on the road to looking inappropriate and unprofessional.  REALLY????  My uniform does not look inappropriate on me and I have NEVER looked unprofessional at work.  I never actually got into any trouble but believe me if I would have, I would have gone to HR and fought it.  Yes, my clothes are baggy but excuse me if I do not like wearing clothes that outline each and every fat roll and clings to me.  I think that looks awful and I don't wear clothes like that.  I have been on my unit for 5 years and I have never had any issues about this before.  Another one of my supervisors was in the office and heard her telling me all this.  She told me that she didn't  feel that there was anything wrong with my uniform.  She said yes, its baggy, but it didn't look inappropriate at all.  I ended up going to the uniform shop after work but I was planning on going there anyways.  I started out in a 5X....was wearing 4X yesterday when she pulled me in..... and today I bought 3X's. :)  They fit me but are not as loose as I would like.  I don't want any issues at work so I just bought the new ones which I was going to buy soon anyways.  

My reply to her was simply this.... "I think that someone needs to talk to those nurses who wear hot pink underwear and bras under their white scrubs.  THAT looks completely inappropriate but yet....no one has said anything to them.  Also, what about the male nurses that wear their scrub pants at least 5 -6 inches BELOW their underwear?  How can that possibly be appropriate in a professional setting?"  She didn't really have a reply to that.   Here is a recent pic of me in my "inappropriate" uniform.   Yes, its baggy and I knew that I needed to get new ones soon but I don't care what anyone says, it was not unprofessional looking. 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

PPP
on 6/12/13 5:42 pm
I think she is full of it! You look fine in those scrubs. Very weird. I wonder what's really up her crawl?
shannon1025
on 6/12/13 5:49 pm - PA

This is crazy.  You look fine  I wouldn't think inappropriate or unprofessional.  I would have to ask her what her problem is?!  Your uniform is neat and pressed looking, not thin and see through.  Uniforms are expensive, it is unreasonable to expect to buy new ones every size you go down! 

RNY scheduled May 20, 2013

Eva1230
on 6/12/13 6:08 pm
Looks like my scrubs now that I've lost weight! That's crazy! I would tell them to get over it!

My scrubs swallow me hole but I'm trying to wait as long as possible before buying new ones!

CarolF3
on 6/12/13 7:17 pm - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

I had my RNY Dec 17th, 2012. Before the surgery I was wearing 4xL scrubs. I now wear XL- had to break down and get the XLs the 2xL was just too baggy on me.

Carol

Lessoflinda
on 6/12/13 8:01 pm - NY

Seriously!!!!?!  I think your reply was spot on!  And you look great...congrats on the new size.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

RainbowRN
on 6/13/13 5:31 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Thanks!  :)

T. Deeds
on 6/12/13 8:16 pm
You look fine! Does she know about your surgery? Maybe she was trying to get you to volunteer information about your weightloss.

RainbowRN
on 6/12/13 10:07 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Everyone at work knows about my surgery.  I am usually an open book.

T. Deeds
on 6/12/13 10:44 pm

That's weird then.  I could see someone saying, "Hey, your clothes are really baggy!" in an attempt to get you to say something like, "Sorry, that's because  I have lost X number of pounds."  I seem to remember you posting a while back about someone at work saying you "cheated" by getting the surgery.  Was this supervisor that person?  Personally, I'd much prefer to see anyone in baggier clothes than clothes that are too tight (regardless of their size!). 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics