coffee?

Nutterbutter
on 6/8/13 3:52 am - NJ

Had surgery April 29th. Would LOVE a cup of coffee a day. My diet progression info doesn't say anything about coffee.....how soon can I have it?

Brenda S.
on 6/8/13 4:06 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
I've had decaf (with sf non-dairy creamer and Truvia) since very early out. I've heard some day that they were given decaf in the hospital! I think you're safe. Enjoy!

poet_kelly
on 6/8/13 4:07 am - OH

Depends on who you ask.  I personally see no reason not to have a cup now, if you want one, as long as you don't have ulcers (caffeine does not cause ulcers but can make them worse).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

baepage
on 6/8/13 4:44 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I had my surgery April 22nd, and was able to have decaf coffee by week 1.  I now have a regular cup on weekends with splenda and fat free half & half. 

Larry Wassmann
on 6/8/13 5:11 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Depends if you are prone to ulcers according to my surgeon. I don't drink it but try to stay away from caffeine as I am very susceptible to ulcers. If you get one, it is not a good thing so take your choice.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Melinda A.
on 6/8/13 5:30 am - Annandale, VA

I see nothing wrong with drinking coffee; but maybe you could try Click or Chike coffee flavor

scarlettbegonias
on 6/8/13 10:44 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

I drink REAL coffee daily, have since pretty early out.

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

PetHairMagnet
on 6/8/13 1:31 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband was given regular coffee, but he had to have it black, while in the hospital!  He asked if he could put a tablespoon of protein drink in it and they said yes. So now that is a great creamer!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics