Well no surgery for me

MeMinusMore
on 5/21/13 12:10 pm

Indeed it does happen for a reason. I was about to pay cash for the band about a year ago then something came up. SO glad I didnt because it sounds dreadful for people with my kind of GERD (which that particular dr mentioned nothing about). Now Im 13 days away from the correct surgery.

jmhuston
on 5/21/13 12:31 pm - TX
Good luck. Prayers going up for you! Yes I have had GERD since i was 18 and not overweight and it was my gastro Dr that suggested gastric bypass was my only cure when I saw him in November. Should have started then but put it off because I was told I didn't have a waiting period it was just covered by my plan. Wanted to get through the holidays! I have Barrett's and a hiatal hernia and have high blood pressure want to get off meds and healthy. There are plenty of people that loose over 100 lbs without surgery but I was hoping for my acid reflux cure as well.
VSG on 06/12/13
I second BeliveInFaith's experience with Lindstrom's office. I, too, just won a long battle with United, all thanks to their help. Contact them and they will set up time for a free consultation to help you wade through all of the BS. When I did this, Kelley talked to me for about a 1/2 hour, possibly longer. I remember feeling optimistic for the first time since my denial.

http://wls appeals.com

Don't give up! As a result of my fight, my husband's employer realized their requirements were outdated and told UHC to change them. Real change is possible.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.