6 Months - Attitude of Gratitude - What I have learned!

chickiedoo123
on 2/22/13 12:38 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Hello All -

Happy Friday!  It has been a long week.

I posted a sort of pity party post yesterday and had some really uplifting anf great comments from members here!  I have shifted my attitude from self doubt to 100% gratitude!

Here is what I have learned in 6 months:

I am truly happy - happy with the decision that I have made, where am with my loss and my life!

I am finally healthy - in 6 months going from severe sleep apnea, type II diabetes, high blood pressure, stress incontinence etc to no CPAP machine, bp of 117/71, no need for metformin anymore, and no more tinkling because of my weight.  I am healthy - finally!  I know that by continuing with my new life and choices I have extended my life span and I will be around to enjoy life with my family and friends!

I am active - 6 months ago walking around my block had me in tears - I was in pain and embarrassed, I couldn't run, I couldn't fit in an amusement park ride...today - I run on the treadmill 3x a week, I walk fast, I can fit on an amusement park ride, I am no longer embarrassed by my size!  I am going to buy a bike and ride the dang thing this summer - I am planning 5k races and enjoying this new part of my life - moving and grooving!

I am loved - the support and love of my husband and daughter is so much that I could explode - I am full to the brim with love.  I am loved by my friends - and I have many new friends!  I also love myself......I truly see the gifts that I have - I no longer hide behind my size and I am learning to accept myself everyday

I am in control - I am in control of food, what I eat, how I eat, my choices are my own - it is very empowering - nothing controls me - I choose!

I have also learned that I have major baggage - all of the things that I have not dealt with and used my weight to cover up are coming to the surface - it is freeing and terrifying at the same time.  I have learned who my true friends are and who I can cut from my circle.  I have learned that being obese I have dealt with alot of discrimination - and coming to terms with that and how life used to be is very sobering - I have a new found respect for everyone - all shapes and sizes.....we all ghave to be kind to one another!

I have learned that I am more than a number, more than a size - I am a work in progress and am so happy to have been given a second chance!

Thank you all for all of your kind words and support!

Ellie                
fancy_nancy
on 2/22/13 12:48 am
RNY on 01/22/13

CONGRATULATIONS! What a good feeling to have your life back. I feel that I am doing the same. I am especially anxious to get rid of my CPAP!!

12 lbs. was pre-surgery weight loss

chickiedoo123
on 2/22/13 5:25 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Thank You Fancy Nancy!  Just wait - you will soon be without your CPAP - or as I used to call it my Darth Vader mask :-)  Congratulations on your weight loss!  Great Job!

Ellie                
cajungirl
on 2/22/13 12:53 am

Great post Ellie.  I'm glad you sat back and reflected on all the positives that HAVE happened and can focus on those things that WILL happen.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

chickiedoo123
on 2/22/13 5:26 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Thanks Cajungirl :-)  Being positive is so much easier than having the pity party I was having yesterday :-)

Ellie                
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views