I am so smart! 6 mo. Lab tests tomorrow

chickiedoo123
on 2/5/13 2:47 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Hey Everyone!  Happy Tuesday - we are getting closer to Friday by the minute (it's what I am telling myself to get through the day!)

I have my 6 month appointment coming up next week on Valentines Day.  Because my surgeons office is inhabited by idiots (except for my bariatric nurse and PA who I LOVE) I decided to get my labs drawn before my appointment so I can look at the results with the PA to make sure that all is good.  I came up with that on my own :-)!

My official 6 month will be on Feb 22nd.  I can not believe how much life has changed in the last 6 months......I have been happy, sad, frustrated, excited, confused, and proud..........but most of all THANKFUL!  I have gone from 290 to 213.2 - 76.8 pounds...I am training for a 5K in April, I am doing the Taji 100, I sleep without my Darth Vader mask and the only medications I take are two pills...one for my thyroid and one is my 'crazy lady pill' - not weight related issues....just maintinence meds!  I have my life back!

Thank you all for your support, help, answers, praise and advice! 

Ellie                
KendraB1
on 2/5/13 2:53 am - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
Wonderful! I am so pleased for you!
chickiedoo123
on 2/5/13 3:03 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Thanks Kendra :-)

Ellie                
Missy A.
on 2/5/13 4:20 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Awesome Ellie, I have my six month labs this Thursday and my appt next Tuesday. I have lost 73lbs since surgery. Seems like we are doing  A.O.K.

Congrats on your weightoss!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Kelly L.
on 2/5/13 10:24 am - San Jacinto, CA
Yay!

HW 274. CW 129

rbb825
on 2/5/13 4:15 pm - Suffern, NY

first I want to congratulate you on such wonderful progress.  76.8 pounds in 6 months is amazing.  The fact that you decided to get your labs done ahead of time so you can go over them with the PA is a great idea but there is only one problem, if you are getting a full set of labs that we need, they wont all be back in 1 week. Some of them take a couple of weeks.  I am not sure what your PA or surgeon ordered but this is what you should be getting -

CBC with differential, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, Vitamin D 25 hydroxy, PTH, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Folate, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Selenium, Zinc, Magnesium, Iron, Ferritin, Iron Sat%, Copper, TSH

I also get Vitamin B2 and  Vitamin B3 but they are manditory.

Now you say you are only taking 2 pills, I hope that doesnt count your supplements?  I know my supplements are like a meal at bedtime.

Once you get your labs back, if you would like to PM me with the results, I would be glad to go over them with you.  Many times our surgeons, PA's and NUT's tend to tell us that we are doing great when in fact we are only at the bottom of the range when we really need to be at the top of the range or over the top.  So, this is why we tend to help each other on hear.  So many people get bad advish from there surgeons offices and it is sad/  I am always here if you would like some help and advise.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.