I am worried about the amount of weight i have lost warning very long!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/13 3:39 am
RNY on 04/18/12

Is a stricture a possibility?  I've never had one, but it seems to me that your pouch should be able to hold more than 3 bites of food.  With all the throwing up you're doing, it might be worth speaking to your doctor about.

chowell
on 1/25/13 4:35 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12

i have had that talk with my dr several times and have several egd to see if that is possible but they see nothing

Cecily Howell                

rbb825
on 1/25/13 2:25 am - Suffern, NY

I think your weight loss is great but you do want to be careful not to loose too much too fast due to not eating enough.  I wouldnt worry about the clothing size at all.  As far as what you are eating, it sounds like very little to me and that is why you are losing so fast.  If you continue eating too little, at some point, your body will stop losing because it will go into starvation mode.  The best way to eat and put your body into the highest metabolism, make you least  hungry and stablize your sugar levels is to eat 5 to 6 small meals per day about ever 2 to 3 hours.    By now, you should be eating about 70 to 80 grams of protein per day and then any extra from protein shakes.

You pretty much are eating 3 meals but you need to expand on them, making them a little bigger.  Like for breakfast, have some greek yogurt with a piece of fruit.  You dont have to have just protien - you are allowed other things.    For lunch have your half a can of tuna with mayo on a piece of diet bread with a vegetable, For dinner - Your Stew and Soup, with 1/2 baked potato and a vegetable.  In between your breakfast and Lunch - a snack - 2 cheese sticks.  In between your lunch and dinner - snack - hard boiled egg.  And continue with the 70 ounces of fluids.  You can still have your protein drinks - Have the first one - 15 minutes before breakfast and the other one after dinner.

As you progress, you alter and add things - snacks very often are a protein with a piece of fruit so the carb is offset with the protein.

Once you are eating enough calories and having enough protein - you will be able to go back to working out and you should lose weight at a healthy rate.  If you a 14/16 - that is okay - you still have some weight left to go.  Dont worry - it will all work out in the end..

I lost slow - but I didnt have alot to lose, I lost 100 pounds in 14 months but I also have alot medical problems, so I didnt workout much and I also have a slow metabolism.  So I was very happy with that and so were my doctors.  They were amazed that I made it to goal and I have kept it off which is amazing for me since I cant work out at all now. I wish you the best

I do hope this helps.

chowell
on 1/25/13 2:48 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12

i have tried to add more food but i throw up if i eat anymore, it took me 3 months to get to eat what i am now, for the frist 2 1/2 months i could not eat anything just shakes and water. i had lots of test done but they found nothing wrong. i cant do potatoes at all, bread either, the smell of yogurt makes me throw up, and fruit makes me sick i was told it was dumping but i am not sure.  i keep trying to increase my food and the types of foods but nothing seems to be working.

Cecily Howell                

Jen V.
on 1/27/13 7:58 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12 with

At my 3 month appointment, I was down 100 pounds. After 3 months, things slowed down a LOT. I am now 7 months and have lost 144 pounds. I would not worry about it because it will slow down.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 167 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?