Scale Victory, NSV, and Vitamin stuck - ouch!

chickiedoo123
on 1/9/13 2:20 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Hello Everyone - Happy Wednesday!

Not to toot my own horn....toot....toot....toot

I am 4+ months out from RNY and I am officially down 70 pounds! - scale victory

I wore a swimming suit in public, I got in and out of the pool and swam - and didn't feel self conscious not even once!  YAY!

My WLS has saved my life

I had a WEIRD thing happen last night - I am able to swallow whole multivitamins and I take Petite Calcium Citrate so I am OK with taking regular vitamins.......last night I was taking my 2 multivitamins and the first one got stuck....and not just a little bit but I started foaming at the mouth and thought I was going to either pass out or barf.....I have noticed that over the last 2 weeks I have felt like my throat is getting tighter and my swallower is tighter as well......I am wondering why that would be - do I have to worry about a stricture?  I really like being able to take regular vitamins but if this keeps up I am going to have to figure out something else b/c I only got 1 multi in last night....not good - gotta take the vites!

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated

And sorry about tooting the horn but I am just really proud of myself - I have been a good rule follower and am just so happy to be on the road to health!

Ellie

Ellie                
Dee.spunk
on 1/9/13 2:22 am - Sacramento, CA
It could be a stricture. But it could also be that the vitamin just turned around and got stuck. Happened to me once.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

MinnieMouse1
on 1/9/13 2:43 am
RNY on 12/06/12

Do you take both multi vit at night?  I take one in the am. and one in the pm.

chickiedoo123
on 1/9/13 3:05 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

I do take both at night - the instructions for vitamins that I got from my surgeon's office are spotty at best. 

Should I be taking them at different times.........I feel another post coming on :-)

Ellie                
MinnieMouse1
on 1/9/13 4:50 am
RNY on 12/06/12

I don't really know what to tell you.  My surgeon has me take my multi one at morning and one at night.  Then calcium is one at morning snack , lunch and then mid day snack.  Who knows?

But yeah on the swimming suit!!! Way to go!!

Jewelsstevens
on 1/9/13 5:11 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

NEVER apologize for tooting your own horn!!!

Sheila W.
on 1/9/13 10:03 am
Wow, only 4 months out and swallowing pills. I wish my surgeon was ok with that. I'm almost 3 months out and at my 2 month check up was told I could not swallow large ( calcium, multi vit) pills till one year out. So here I sit chewing everything and I HATE it!!!! Have you had problems swallowing them before? Makes me want to give it a try.

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself. HW 350 SW 324  SD10/19/12

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.